Will a 16v 10uF cap work for making a glitch buster?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don mercier

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s

Glitch busters are really only effective at capacitance over 2000uF on these cars even at that it’s barely noticeable. Get a nice healthy 4000uF capacitor. If you make your own glitch busters make sure the polarity is right because electrolytic capacitors will explode if reverse polled.

10uF is a bit small. Still, probably better than nothing. Keep the wires as short as possible in any case.

Why do you need one, btw?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190602-181521_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190602-181521_Samsung Internet.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Don't you have an electronics store somewhere nearby?

Don't you have an electronics store somewhere nearby?
The one I built works just fine, and the best part about it, didn't cost me nothing. I took it out of an old spot light I was going to through out. It's not a 6s rig, shouldn't need a great big cap.

The one I built works just fine, and the best part about it, didn't cost me nothing. I took it out of an old spot light I was going to through out. It's not a 6s rig, shouldn't need a great big cap.

Most of the caps in my parts drawer are also salvaged from stuff destined for the trash can :)

Another thing to note is that 16v is only OK if you are looking for a cap pack that plugs into the radio receiver...which I guess most glitch busters are? Depending on the voltage the ESC puts out, anything over 8v should be OK for use plugged into the receiver. If you are planning to add caps to the battery side, 16v would only be ok for 3S or less.

Another thing to note is that 16v is only OK if you are looking for a cap pack that plugs into the radio receiver...which I guess most glitch busters are? Depending on the voltage the ESC puts out, anything over 8v should be OK for use plugged into the receiver. If you are planning to add caps to the battery side, 16v would only be ok for 3S or less.
It seem to help, but isn't normal for an rc to pull due to torque and the way it twists, it don't do it with 2s, only 3s

I was thinking on getting a few caps for the motor side just not sure what ones to get

I got this today so that should be big enuff, but I think the one I had was fine

Attachments

• 20190604_224846.jpg
    20190604_224846.jpg
    593 KB · Views: 44
uF is capacity. Voltage is the capable voltage. As Kyle from team associated was saying, 2000 is really the bare minimum. In other words, 10 will make no effect, whatsoever. In simple terms, it'll provide like a thousandth of an amp. From my experience I really don't see a change until above 3000.

uF is capacity. Voltage is the capable voltage. As Kyle from team associated was saying, 2000 is really the bare minimum. In other words, 10 will make no effect, whatsoever. In simple terms, it'll provide like a thousandth of an amp. From my experience I really don't see a change until above 3000.
A glitch buster is supposed to filter interference not provide pwr

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back