Talion Will a 22t pinon on my talion will be safe on the grass?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what tires do you recommend

Tough question. I like both of the LP 4s sets. I currently run the LP Minokawa from the 4s Kraton because I like the sliding or the stock Katar. I don't run a fast pinion though. I'd also vent whichever non-belted tires you choose. The LP Backflips do very well on the Talion too.
On the Typhon with 20t pinion I haven't found a set that would last long at all. I blow em up every time I run... even belted Prolines I unglued. But, I've also not addressed the diffs and have honestly put the Typhon away until I'm motivated to mess with it again. I got mad at it for eating up tires to be honest. lol

Tough question. I like both of the LP 4s sets. I currently run the LP Minokawa from the 4s Kraton because I like the sliding or the stock Katar. I don't run a fast pinion though. I'd also vent whichever non-belted tires you choose. The LP Backflips do very well on the Talion too.
On the Typhon with 20t pinion I haven't found a set that would last long at all. I blow em up every time I run... even belted Prolines I unglued. But, I've also not addressed the diffs and have honestly put the Typhon away until I'm motivated to mess with it again. I got mad at it for eating up tires to be honest. lol
Thank you for your recommendation I've heard a lot about the back flips lp tires imma look more into them.

Address your diffs while you are ordering tires. Stock Katar work good, the LP's seem to be good as well. All of them will balloon and blow up if you stay on throttle and you diff out.
Just put the stock katars on and they work pretty good for now just did a quick run in front of my house.

Attachments

• 15838021141419052068621999916916.jpg
    15838021141419052068621999916916.jpg
    315.1 KB · Views: 46
Just put the stock katars on and they work pretty good for now just did a quick run in front of my house.

They're good tires for that truck and very light vs others. Yours look a little worn but you can get a new set pretty cheap compared to the cost of ProLine and Sweep Racing. Like $60 or maybe a little less for all four tires mounted. I think $60 is a good cost for tires and I try to not spend more than that including shipping for any tires / wheels sets.

They're good tires for that truck and very light vs others. Yours look a little worn but you can get a new set pretty cheap compared to the cost of ProLine and Sweep Racing. Like $60 or maybe a little less for all four tires mounted. I think $60 is a good cost for tires and I try to not spend more than that including shipping for any tires / wheels sets.
Thank you for for the insight you guys are very helpful. And will be taking more recommendations if you can.

I'd keep an eye on the Classifieds here. Most active members are very fair with what they list and are motivated to help others get set up with a nice model imo. I've seen many and have been fortunate enough to get on some outstanding buys. Even got me a V3 Typhon brand new in the box for a song and am forever grateful. Patience wins in the long run. ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back