Will a cap pack cut sag in half?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
just installed ripple killa 8s cap.
Is it affective on 6s????
I was peaking at 4.5 volts on 8s, will cap cut sag in half???just trying to gear appropriately.

16185228814581379603484542656550.jpg

Yes, you will be fine with an 8s cap pack on 6s as the voltage is less (22.2V nominal Vs. 29.6).

as for how well it will work, it depends on the capacitance of the pack. If you have data logging than you should be able to see it working.

Ripple and sag might be related a little, but killing your ripple will not necessarily decrease you sag. Sagging is like a battery property. The more amps you pull the more it will sag.
Less ripple means less noise in the ESC effecting mostly efficiency in esc and motor, which could result in less amp draw and slightly effect the battery sag.

Battery sag isn't necessarily bad, it's not uncommon to have the voltage drop more than 4.5V. It just means your making the battery work hard.

I'm still learning to read these.ive seen it a little higher on others.my gearing is telling me I. Looseing volts during pull,my plan was try cap an gear back down to get rpms up closer to 60,000.am I thinking right????????
What ms should in set cc link up on ??

Screenshot_20210415-173350_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210415-165839.jpg

I'm still learning to read these.ive seen it a little higher on others.my gearing is telling me I. Looseing volts during pull,my plan was try cap an gear back down to get rpms up closer to 60,000.am I thinking right????????
What ms should in set cc link up on ??

great start to learn reading datalogs:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...data-logs-and-esc-settings.37182/#post-511428

gearing down will reduce voltage sag, but also lose top speed. Like i sad before, it's normal to have voltage sag

Biggest thing to help with the sag is slow smooth pull to full throttle the faster/harder you slam full throttle the more Amps you pull and loose more voltage. That's why we were telling you to stretch your passes out a lot more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back