Outcast Will a Hobbywing 1650kV plug right into my Stock Spectrum Firma 150 ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
For my new Outcast EXB - can I upgrade to a Hobbywing 1650kv, and plug direct into the stock ESC? Curious if I would need to solder new bullet connectors or not.

Should do - the Firma 160A is the same size as the MAX6 which I'm pretty sure has 6.5mm female bullets for the 6.5mm male bullets on the motor

Edit: sorry I read the title wrong! No, the Firma 150A uses 4mm bullets, not 6.5mm like the 160A does

Last edited:
The firma 150a has 4mm bullets so you will need to solder on 6.5 females to it.
Actually found the specs on Spektrum website, says 6.5mm.

BUT....may be another issue. Thought I killed the motor already...but think it may be the ESC. Well shoot.

Does not go through start up sequence beeps, and very dim faint green LED blink. Only have steering.

Actually found the specs on Spektrum website, says 6.5mm.

BUT....may be another issue. Thought I killed the motor already...but think it may be the ESC. Well shoot.

Does not go through start up sequence beeps, and very dim faint green LED blink. Only have steering.
Dang, that’s didn’t last long :( sounds like a few people are having issues with electronics in these exb rtr’s .. The stock 150 firma for the 6s line uses 4mm connectors. The 1650 has 6.5mm .. so you’ll need something …

Dang, that’s didn’t last long :( sounds like a few people are having issues with electronics in these exb rtr’s .. The stock 150 firma for the 6s line uses 4mm connectors. The 1650 has 6.5mm .. so you’ll need something …
Yeah. Sucks.

Maybe I just need a max6 1650 combo like in my Kraton

Will it fit? Was tight on the Kraton which is longer chassis
Oh for sure fits..
F954C468-CE97-4EE2-9E7C-E456BC990D83.jpeg

A little trim on the side skirt with some scissors.. that’s it.

End of the motor can. And maybe next to the esc depending on how you mount it.
Gotcha. I see now. Trimmed the flap off the back of the skirt that curves around the motor.

Hoping I can just trim the stock ESC mount ridge and mount it to that like I did on the Kraton?
You have a fan on the motor? Or no need?

Well great...look what you made me do now...
Now that we all have your full name and address, you can expect some interesting gifts in the mail. 😜

Where did you have to trim? Next to the ESC?
I notched mine out at the end of the side skirt by the motor and I trimmed off the power switch mount so I could get the esc as close to the side skirt and servo as I could so I had more clearance from the center drive shaft and the motor shaft.
20210728_111103.jpg

20210626_131358.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back