Outcast Will a Hobbywing 1650kV plug right into my Stock Spectrum Firma 150 ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got one. Only got 2 packs through it.

What do I need to watch out for with the spektrum firma 150?

Also: any rtr owners out there also have no settings for LVC and find it discharges your battery too low before limping?

RTR Firma 150a does not have LVC settings and is all over the place for people. Mine is a good cut off, but you are not alone in the experience.

Love the new Max6 combo setup in the Outcast!

View attachment 162062
I like mine too in my v4 noto. I did up the weight on the rear shocks. I noticed more wear on the right side rear m2c skid. I like the gearing/temps over stock esc/motor. Iv ran mine with no wheelie bar for the last cpl months due to it breaking. Got the whole wing wheeliebar assy from jennys

I like mine too in my v4 noto. I did up the weight on the rear shocks. I noticed more wear on the right side rear m2c skid. I like the gearing/temps over stock esc/motor. Iv ran mine with no wheelie bar for the last cpl months due to it breaking. Got the whole wing wheeliebar assy from jennys

Save the wheelie bar before it breaks and run a wing mount from @3d-rc.myshopify.com!

What Diff Setup do you Guys have with this CoMbo?
I ask, because i got my Max6/4985 Combo Yesterday and im not sure if my 50/100/50 is a good choice.

Thanks in Advance,
Thunaer

All depends on your driving style. But i would go up on the front diff more.
Sometimes i do some short Speed ups.
But mostly i'm into Bashing. (Jumps etc.)

I will try some Thicker Oil in the Front.
Whats about the Center? Is it clever to get it up to? Maybe 200k?

Thanks,
Thunaer

Thank you a lot.
Whats about Heat issues with the 20 pinion?
Actually, i'm on 17/46 (just becaause i don't have a bigger Pinion at the Time)

Anyone no were i can get a rotor shaft for my ezrun 1650kv can find them for 1800 on up but thats it i snapped the shaft on it cant believe it happened but it did

Anyone no were i can get a rotor shaft for my ezrun 1650kv can find them for 1800 on up but thats it i snapped the shaft on it cant believe it happened but it
Is that the hw4985 motor?
Yes ezrun 4985 sl
Awesome pic looks like good jump. Bummer on the esc. mine in the new talion been just cutting out will just have steering no throttle then I have to turn remote off turn esc off couple times for it to start working right again. Not one to complain but it happened on the first run. I don't have very good people skills if you know what I mean lol
I hear that max6 with the 1650 was fun till i snapped the shaft i guess i was just getting to crazy with it still a good combo
RTR Firma 150a does not have LVC settings and is all over the place for people. Mine is a good cut off, but you are not alone in the experience.
Im running the 150 esc zero issues with it even after crashing into a swamp lol cuts off properly only issue was 2050 motor running very hot so took that setup outa the exb and into the v3
What Diff Setup do you Guys have with this CoMbo?
I ask, because i got my Max6/4985 Combo Yesterday and im not sure if my 50/100/50 is a good choice.

Thanks in Advance,
Thunaer
Im running 20/100/50 she takes off like a rocket i cant help but wonder if ya run heavier will it make motor run hotter
4985 motor will fit its tight between motor and chassis. Makes it a beast. Its a real beast on 20/46 gearing.
I ran it on 20t for a couple packs but ive only been in the hobby since may and it was insanely fast on the the dirt huge are and lots of heat for my small fans dropped to 16t no more heat issues and still crazy fast

Last edited:
Actually found the specs on Spektrum website, says 6.5mm.

BUT....may be another issue. Thought I killed the motor already...but think it may be the ESC. Well shoot.

Does not go through start up sequence beeps, and very dim faint green LED blink. Only have steering.
Make sure servo still good if not esc will not work i had a burned out servo so esc would not function at all swapped out servos and was good to go

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back