Outcast Will a Hobbywing 1650kV plug right into my Stock Spectrum Firma 150 ESC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I notched mine out at the end of the side skirt by the motor and I trimmed off the power switch mount so I could get the esc as close to the side skirt and servo as I could so I had more clearance from the center drive shaft and the motor shaft.
View attachment 160736

View attachment 160735
Awesome. Thanks for the info. Already have motor, ESC, and cooling fans for motor on the way, as well as 20t pinion. Thing will be a BEAST!

Videos or it didn’t happen :) haha
Ha - will do. Friend has a decent size ramp we use. About to build my own full aluminum folding portable ramp kind of like the one T-Bone makes. Will be able to make it for less than 1/2 the cost.

1627494949040.png

1627494961988.png

1627494976195.png

Also wanna see pics of this when your done. Nice..
Yeah - should build it in a week or two. Just got to go get the stuff. Will do a ramp build thread and report of how well it works. Should be sturdy and pretty light compared to a large wood ramp.

Using the T-plates here with bolts/wing nuts to hold the support legs so they can be removed/swung back against the ramp for portability. Wont be adjustable height - but I think it wont be needed. Adjust the jump with approach speed.

1627495796101.png

Going to cover the top with skateboard grip tape. Found some cool checked pattern on amazon.

1627496137536.png

Last edited:
You can if you set suspension up right, and diff oils right you can but most of it is in throttle controll. I rip my noto 63mph on dirt and gravel rds mostly. I put a 26t pinion and some belted sweeps on it and got it up to 72 at a school parkinglot. Was a bit squirly at that speed on asphalt but fun🤙

Love the new Max6 combo setup in the Outcast!

View attachment 162062
Awesome pic looks like good jump. Bummer on the esc. mine in the new talion been just cutting out will just have steering no throttle then I have to turn remote off turn esc off couple times for it to start working right again. Not one to complain but it happened on the first run. I don't have very good people skills if you know what I mean lol

I just got one. Only got 2 packs through it.

What do I need to watch out for with the spektrum firma 150?

Also: any rtr owners out there also have no settings for LVC and find it discharges your battery too low before limping?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back