Typhon Will Arrma ever release a large scale rally car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain’t popular enough. Many manufacturers back in the day attempted even making 8th and 10th scale rally cars but they were just a market failure. I mean look how many traxxas rallies you see compared to traxxas slashes. IMO, making it bigger (and more expensive) will make the demand even lower.

Yeah, you are probably right Peanut..
I think Ken Block has helped raise its popularity a lot in the US but its probably much more popular in Europe.
Todays WRC cars are incredible IMO, its one of my favourite forms of motorsport yet its not half as well covered by Tv like it used to be despite being so spectacular and closer to group B than ever..

Yeah, you are probably right Peanut..
I think Ken Block has helped raise its popularity a lot in the US but its probably much more popular in Europe.
Todays WRC cars are incredible IMO, its one of my favourite forms of motorsport yet its not half as well covered by Tv like it used to be despite being so spectacular and closer to group B than ever..
Beat me to it with the group b thing. 100+ mph on ruined dirt roads in the worst weather conditions?! Totally badass!

Nope.....Americans aren’t into that form of Motorsport. I love rallying and grew up with the grp b era. I always watch what I can via YouTube and even purchase a few vids on iTunes. I went to a night rallye many years ago at donnington race track. Sooooo much fun watching the McRae scooby fly by

Last edited:
Nope.....Americans aren’t into that form of Motorsport. I love rallying and grew up with the grp b era. I always watch what I can via YouTube and even purchase a few vids on iTunes. I went to a night rallye many years ago at donnington race track. Sooooo much fun watching the McCrae scooby fly by
Idk if Americans aren’t into it. I’ve never heard of the names you just rattled off. ??‍♂️

You don’t know Collin McRae? ?
One of the reasons why I bought my first Subaru Impreza 20 years ago ?

1x rs coupe, 5x wrx’s, 1x sti, 1x forester xt later ?
??‍♂️ I know Colin Kaepernick is getting a tryout with 7 teams attending in Atlanta soon

I love the concept of rally cars and in the past have owned a HPI WR8, a Tamiya XV-01 and a few Traxxas Rally cars. I still own a Latrax Rally. The one thing which always gets to me is the chin spoiler/splitter dragging on everything. This is true even if I'm only doing small jumps over rises. As much as I'd love for Arrma to bring something out along these lines I'm probably better off lowering a Mojave and getting street tires which are close in size to the stock tires.

I guess we will see what this large scale RC is in a week or so from Arrma.
I doubt the a-arms would be interchangeable with the 6s line, but if so you could "make" it into a car.

Capture.JPG

I assume you have seen these? http://mcdracing.com/cars.php

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back