Outcast Will Arrma Outcast battery tray fit Kraton v2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How big of a battery are you trying to put in there? o_OThe only limiting factor with the stock Kraton tray is the length of the Velcro straps. The pre-attached nose piece on the outcast limits things there. In a good way though. I was talking about batteries flying of the Kraton though.

Truth be told, I just hate doing things twice when I am in building a better mousetrap mode. If I don't seriously over engineer it then I just don't feel good about it later. I wish there was some kind of therapy for this affliction.

How big of a battery are you trying to put in there? o_OThe only limiting factor with the stock Kraton tray is the length of the Velcro straps. The pre-attached nose piece on the outcast limits things there. In a good way though. I was talking about batteries flying of the Kraton though.

Truth be told, I just hate doing things twice when I am in building a better mousetrap mode. If I don't seriously over engineer it then I just don't feel good about it later. I wish there was some kind of therapy for this affliction.
She's a big sucker !! No good for jumping but good for run time and speed runs. I like the Outcast tray with its higher side walls for protection of those soft pack lipos. I've been using A sweet, light 4000mah 6s in the Kraton but it's getting a bit beaten on. I like the way u mounted the tray I will b using your method for sure bra Cheers !!!
I think obsessing over upgrades is a healthy thing.
Love it :)

Lol, now I know why you've never seen a battery go flying out of a Kraton... ya don't think it's a good jumper! Nothing wrong with that and head to head with my Outcast in comparison I have to agree with you.
That probably means you've never done the "hey guys, watch this test with the Kraton" 9 x outta 10 the Oucast can back that smack up...9x outta 10 the Kraton tosses a battery that explodes and burns a nearby building to the ground. Ok not really, but it gets annoying walking out to wherever to find and re-attach the battery. Like a walk of shame when you get stuck upside down on your roof.

20170709_103923.jpg
20170709_103851.jpg
Right !! Maybe the newer ones have the extra holes ?? Any pics ?
Newer, older (as in 2 months ago) more holes, less holes... just attach it as comfortably as you see fit without losing sight of the whole reason you are doing this. That is, seeing your batteries flying one way while your truck goes the other way sucks.
I just purchased this kraton about four days ago and looking at the pictures posted here earlier my chassis seems to already have the extra holes. No modifications and installed in less than five minutes.
20170709_103851.jpg
View attachment 10949

Lol, now I know why you've never seen a battery go flying out of a Kraton... ya don't think it's a good jumper! Nothing wrong with that and head to head with my Outcast in comparison I have to agree with you.
That probably means you've never done the "hey guys, watch this test with the Kraton" 9 x outta 10 the Oucast can back that smack up...9x outta 10 the Kraton tosses a battery that explodes and burns a nearby building to the ground. Ok not really, but it gets annoying walking out to wherever to find and re-attach the battery. Like a walk of shame when you get stuck upside down on your roof.
Lol !! I would love to see that building burning after the lipo grenade hits it ha ha !!
I haven't had the walk of shame with the battery, but I'm sure it will come. I jump that little baby as far as I can.
Still had a fair few shame walks, suspension.........
Had a session this morning LOVE it !!!:D
I reckon it should have wings :eek: !! Cheers.
IMG_4214.JPG IMG_4304.PNG

Yeah the extra holes is an awesome addition to the kraton chassis. MIne is holding solid with the screws in the front and the Gorilla Double Sided mounting tape.

Weird. Mine's less than 2 months old and I've not got those holes.

I've been using dpricenator's double-sided Gorilla tape idea and -so far- it seems to be holding up well!

I'm guessing since the Talion V3 comes with the Outcast battery tray, at some point they modified the production of 5he long chassis with the necessary extra holes. So if you have a fairly new run vehicle, then the holes are already there.

Weird. Mine's less than 2 months old and I've not got those holes.

I've been using dpricenator's double-sided Gorilla tape idea and -so far- it seems to be holding up well!

I'm glad it's working. Mine finally failed. I guess enough 15 foot nose dives, tail landings, and cart wheels will "un-stick" that tape. When it came loose it sheered the front screws in half and snapped the pegs that fit in the other holes. I got a new outcast tray, and used nail polish on the posts to mark the holes on the chassis. If you can shim diffs, you can do this easy enough.

Just because you bought it 2 months ago, does not mean it's a recent production run. Drilling and sinking a few holes only takes 10 minutes.

I can confirm. Bought a Kraton chassis from a chop shop and it lined right up to the outcast battery tray. I thought I was crazy till I saw others found the same thing.

I must have an older one because mine don’t have any extra holes.

Mine didn’t have the extra holes either. Measure 3 times drill once. It’s pretty easy just take your time
Yep. Measure twice cut once I always say. I just don’t have a countersink so I may just use a bigger drill bit and only go in so far.

Yep. Measure twice cut once I always say. I just don’t have a countersink so I may just use a bigger drill bit and only go in so far.
Nice one !! The bigger drill bit should work fine :)
I noticed after the photo I had the wheels on the wrong way :D

744EC0C6-A26E-4923-A6E8-D1F365198CFE.jpeg 9A4F6F51-9573-4CFE-A36A-F4178B21D5C6.jpeg

Looks like you just have to scoot the holes up about an inch. Is the outcast tray that much smaller than the kraton? Look at how nice and smooth the bottom of your chassis is lol. I’ll try to get a pic up of mine tomorrow lol.

Looks like you just have to scoot the holes up about an inch. Is the outcast tray that much smaller than the kraton? Look at how nice and smooth the bottom of your chassis is lol. I’ll try to get a pic up of mine tomorrow lol.
That was when she was brand spanking new :p
The tray is mad with the back open u can get bricks in her !!

Thought that might have been the case lol. The back open? Haven’t got mine in yet so haven’t had the chance to check it out yet but it already sounds better than the stock kraton one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back