Outcast Will Arrma Outcast battery tray fit Kraton v2?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basher

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys, first post here.

I recently picked up a Kraton V2 used and am running SMC 5200mah 3s packs for 6s. They don't fit well with the stock straps and there isn't a strap front/rear to hold 2 packs in tight.

Tonight I picked up my brand new Outcast and when I got home I found the battery tray fits these hard packs PERFECT. Locks them in nice and tight.

So, here is my question, has anyone fit the Outcast battery tray in the Kraton V2? Wondering if it will fit?

Welcome!

Search is your friend.

...Pretty easy mod, just need to drill four holes in the chassis. The back mounts on the tray is an inch shorter. I've attached a photo showing the bottom of battery tray and the bottom of the chassis. I've done this on a few of my cars.

I have an outcast battery tray in my Kraton. You need to drill a couple holes in the chassis in order to screw into all 4 of the batter tray holes. Easy enough mod to complete, and the tray holds those batteries tight. I swapped mine when the stock straps broke during a crash and the batteries went flying and whipping around. Tore one wire away from the XT-90 connector. sparks were flying. I thought I had burned up the car. Thank goodness it was not that bad.

I have an outcast battery tray in my Kraton. You need to drill a couple holes in the chassis in order to screw into all 4 of the batter tray holes. Easy enough mod to complete, and the tray holds those batteries tight. I swapped mine when the stock straps broke during a crash and the batteries went flying and whipping around. Tore one wire away from the XT-90 connector. sparks were flying. I thought I had burned up the car. Thank goodness it was not that bad.
Any pics Bruzz ?? Would appreciate it ! The Outcast tray was a nice improvement

Let me see if I can get a couple pics this evening. With the tall Outcast sides and the Outcast front dirt guards, there may not be much to see. I remember having to do something with the receiver box. But I am not sure exactly sure what it was.

Yeah it'll fit like everyone said and I am in the middle of doing this right now. Mine came yesterday. Few things you need to chop off the bottom then drill some holes. I'm tapping some 3mm threads into the chassis to keep the bottom smooth.

Camp- I can take some pics of the procedure if you, or anyone else, is interested.

Yeah it'll fit like everyone said and I am in the middle of doing this right now. Mine came yesterday. Few things you need to chop off the bottom then drill some holes. I'm tapping some 3mm threads into the chassis to keep the bottom smooth.

Camp- I can take some pics of the procedure if you, or anyone else, is interested.

Please do take the pictures. I am tech lame and don't think I can get the whole procedure documented well enough.

Yeah no prob. I'm going to knock that out in just a little bit but probably won't have pics up till this eve.

I have the Outcast tray, only 2 mounting holes line up with Kraton long chassis, so either have to drill holes in chassis plate, or find some way to modify the tray. I also prefer the Outcast tray, so I'll have to find the time to mod it. I really wish they made the interior side of the tray taller, to protect the batteries from the spur gear, which is extremely close.

Thanks guys. I did do a quick search online before posting, then posted when I couldn't find anything and 5 minutes after posting I found a thread on here explaining it LOL.

I picked up the outcast tray yesterday and installed it last night while I was fixing the Kraton. After drilling and countersinking 2 holes for the screws and locating and drilling the 2 holes for the "pins" that locate the tray in the correct position it went in effortlessly and is a huge upgrade over the stock Kraton battery tray. I will take a few pics in a bit and post them up here after dinner.

Guys, didn't want this to be a competing tutorials thing but I got it all done today and took all the pics of the process. It's really pretty simple. Unless someone else just really wants to post their pics I'll have it all up within the hour

IMG_1671.JPG
IMG_1672.JPG
IMG_1673.JPG

Ok here is how to do this. Don't over think it, you are just attaching a plastic tray to an Aluminum plate. The tray fits perfectly fine in the space previously occupied by the stock Kraton piece. No modification required, just attach it. Lots of ways to do this but here is how did it.

How to mount Arrma Outcast battery tray to Kraton

1. Take off all of the stock tray mounting pieces so you have a clean plate. Lower CG is lower CG.

That is red and yellow finger nail polish. The red ones are the stubs I chopped off and the yellow are the stubs I wanted to mount through.

2. I lined up the holes on the left side of the tray with the stubs from the plastic chassis mounts.

3. Test the fit and when you remove it you now see 4 yellow dots from the yellow painted posts. The front 2 line up with the stock countersunk holes, all good. The rear 2 now show you where to drill for the remaining 2 mounts.

4. I tapped the holes with an M3 tap, drilled counter sunk holes in the tray, and put in the rear 2 screws. (If you don't have a counter sink bit, just heat up the screw with a torch or lighter then screw in it. It will melt its way down to being flush as you do). Test fit, then remove and install the Velcro strap. Little bit of loctite on the rear 2 screws and it's all done.
I went through the tray into the tapped holes in the main plate because I didn't want to countersink the bottom and I wanted the security of the loctite. I didn't get this tray for fun, I got it because I've seen broken straps and batteries flying all over the place one too many times on the Kraton.

Good luck. Easy job.

IMG_0267.JPG

IMG_0268.JPG

IMG_0270.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

IMG_0273.JPG

Lol, guess Basher was sending while I was still typing. So there you have it with more pics and instructions you could ever need for attaching a piece of plastic to a piece of aluminum.

I just installed an outcast battery tray in my kraton and no modifications were needed, all holes were already there. Installed in less than 5 minutes.
Right !! Maybe the newer ones have the extra holes ?? Any pics ?

Newer, older (as in 2 months ago) more holes, less holes... just attach it as comfortably as you see fit without losing sight of the whole reason you are doing this. That is, seeing your batteries flying one way while your truck goes the other way sucks.

Newer, older (as in 2 months ago) more holes, less holes... just attach it as comfortably as you see fit without losing sight of the whole reason you are doing this. That is, seeing your batteries flying one way while your truck goes the other way sucks.
Haven't had them fly out yet !!! But you can get the bigger batteries in the Outcast tray :)
Like the nail polish to mark the holes ill be using that one !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back