Typhon will be changing all the fluids, what should i use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaozer

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
As the tittle says i soon will be changing all the diff fluids and the shock fluids. i waas wondering first what should i put for oil in those?. i mostly run my typhon on a loose surface (sandy) track and only on 4s. i was also wondering what shims to use for the diff. might as well shim them while theyre open right?

Hey sorry for the late reply. Ive been a bit sick. That article is a lot of help! But also what oil should i use in the shocks?

It all depends on what you want to do with the truck. If you are just doing general bashing something in the 45-60wt range should be fine, if doing a lot of jumping you might want to step up to 70wt or so.

I tend to mostly do track with a some pretty big jumps. So i guess 55 would be a good point to start?

Oh dang I totally forgot you had a Typhon. So I am not sure what shock oil would be best for your situation. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the Typhon will be able to help you. Idk why but for some reason I thought you had a Kraton.

thanks for the help anyway. that website you liked will be helpfull for sure!

Does anyone know what the stock fluids are in the typhon V3. F, C, R diffs and F, R shocks ??

Pulled direct from the V3 manual. Pages 36-40.

Front and rear Diff.
  • TYPHON: 7,000cst
  • KRATON: 10,000cst
  • SENTON: 7,000cst
  • TALION: 10,000cst
  • OUTCAST: 10,000cst

Center Diff.
  • TYPHON: 10,000cst
  • SENTON: 10,000cst
  • TALION: 100,000cst
  • OUTCAST: 100,000cst

Shocks.
  • TYPHON: 550cst
  • KRATON: 1000cst
  • SENTON: 550cst
  • TALION: 2000cst
  • OUTCAST: 1000cst

Last edited:
Pulled direct from the V3 manual. Pages 36-40.

Front and rear Diff.
  • TYPHON: 7,000cst
  • SENTON: 7,000cst
  • TALION: 10,000cst
  • OUTCAST: 10,000cst

Center Diff.
  • TYPHON: 10,000cst
  • SENTON: 10,000cst
  • TALION: 100,000cst
  • OUTCAST: 100,000cst

Shocks.
  • TYPHON: 550cst
  • KRATON: 1000cst
  • SENTON: 550cst
  • TALION: 2000cst
  • OUTCAST: 1000cst
Thanks Slick !! Don’t know why I couldn’t find it lol !! I thought they would have different weights front and rear shocks ?
How have u tunes your diffs ? Im thinking F 60k C 100k and R 10k. That’s what I use for the Kraton don’t know if it would suite. Maybe heavier Centre diff oil Cheers !!

I thought they would have different weight oils for he shocks too, the 2017 models were.

I am running 60/100/7 in my Outcast and I works very well.

For the Typhon I would start with like 20/60/10 maybe. It really depends on what you are going to do with it. You don't want to go too thick in the center diff otherwise it will wheelie and buggies aren't meant to wheelie.

The 2018 models are tuned differently than the 2017 models out of the box. So adjusting things will a bit different.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back