Kraton Will BLX185 work with an external BEC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys, curious if the blx 185 can be configured to work with a bec, I can't get it to work, I have a castle waterproof bec 2.0 and it doesn't work with the blx-185. I have the positive and negative isolated with a servo extension and the bec powering the 3rd channel to put juice to the whole deal. The esc won't boot up like this. The reason why I wanted to run a bec is because I run a savox sw0231 and I wanted more power from an external bec. The esc just flashes a red led and doesn't boot up.

Thanks
-Spence

Do you have a servo Y adapter?
No I don't I just have some servo extension wires that I bought. Isolating the BEC input from the esc with just the signal, then plugging the external bec into the receiver typically works. Idk why on this esc it doesn't lol.

Well, from memory so do this at your own risk, if you have an extra plug slot (channel, etc.) on the power bus of the receiver, you can remove the red wire from the ESC and plug into the receiver throttle slot. Plug the BEC into another slot and it should work. Best to keep the ESC ground intact...

After re-reading your post, sounds like you’ve done what I suggested, but you are only using the signal wire from the ESC. I’m almost positive you need to keep the ESC BEC ground connected to the power bus.

Only disconnect the RED wire from the ESC to the receiver.

If you plan on HV then make sure the receiver (& servo) supports it too!

Only disconnect the RED wire from the ESC to the receiver.

If you plan on HV then make sure the receiver (& servo) supports it too!

Thanks guys, I mean I have a savox sw0231 but the steering sucks I bought a castle wp bec and castle link to program it to 6v.

External bec is that like a small receiver pack plugged in like on nitro buggy’s to power servos/receiver ?
If not can you link me please

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back