Will not stay together

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southernKraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have a Kraton 8s that I put a max 4 800kv set up in with 39/39 gearing. The tires will not stay together I don’t think I have found the right ones. Do any of y’all have suggestions on the strongest tires I can get to stay together and handle the power?

08909C40-CC34-4299-95DF-AEDFE0E1E389.jpeg

I have a Kraton 8s that I put a max 4 800kv set up in with 39/39 gearing. The tires will not stay together I don’t think I have found the right ones. Do any of y’all have suggestions on the strongest tires I can get to stay together and handle the power?

View attachment 231976

I am no pro at this subject, but what I have seen posted some up their diff fields to help throttle that power. Especially the center diff. With lighter diff fluid, you will get more power to the tires. Also, be mindful when a tire gets in the air, and all that power goes to one side to ease off the throttle to not diff out and blow the tire off the rim.

I do not have an 8S, so cannot say for tires but I like the Badland MX for my 6S, and I also add more glue on new tires just for extra protection.

Wish I had more info to share....

Wrap the tires with a braided fishing line and add shoe goo to protect and hold the braid.

The recommended line is Spider wire stealth.

I had a similar problem back in May, just got some badlands. Any time a wheel was not making contact with the ground the wheel would separate from the rim. Just drove this past weekend after getting some free time to drive and intentionally ran some of the tires full throttle when not making contact, and none came apart.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back