Typhon Will Onyx LiPo work in Arrma Typhon?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emtkevin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey guys I'm purchasing the Typhon this week. And I am trying to figure out the batteries. IM ordering through towerhobbies to use easy pay so my wife doesn't kill me. I don't want to spend a ton on batteries. Will these work
spacer.gif

Duratrax Onyx LiPo 3S 11.1V 4000mAh 25C Soft Case Star

I'm with @Kyzane I too prefer hard cases for the additional protection they offer in roll overs and crashes compared to the soft cases. Both brands recommended above would also be my recommendation.

Will that size work? I understand the concern for the soft case. I'm ordering thru tower and using easy pay feature. Wanted to buy the batteries they recommended but people told me if I used those the truck catches on fire.
I'm with @Kyzane I too prefer hard cases for the additional protection they offer in roll overs and crashes compared to the soft cases. Both brands recommended above would also be my recommendation.

those batteries will both work in the typhon, i have both a Talion and a Senton and they all share the same battery mount with the Typhon (and Kraton).

Besides being soft. 25C at 4000 mah isn't even close to enough amp draw potential for these cars.

Spoke with arrma direct. And they said 25c is the minimum rating. But recommend a higher one.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    174.2 KB · Views: 36
Heat, puffing=short battery life. ESC won't care for it either.

A 4000 mah pack should be about 40C minimum. I wouldn't risk that, even.

Hey, as long as you aren't doing any speed runs and just putzing around and not doing a lot of full throttle I'm sure it will be fine.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back