Outcast Will RPM wing mount fit Outcast?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Talion
It looks to me that the outcast and Kraton have the same wing mount. Am I correct? My Outcast wing mount is twisted. Is the RPM mount better?

I think they are the same but also am wondering if someone can tell us for sure. Also their opinion on the durability.
Yes they are all the same, even on Typhon. All my stocker mount twisted like pretzels and Kraton one snapped, switched to RPM on 3 of the rigs, so far so good, survived some hard tail landings and multi rolls thus far. RPM tends to have some pliability, but nothing is fail proof. Been taking it easier on them, tired of breaking parts. Yes....that's a joke guys...Lol. Outcast testing Nero motor for the first bash punch 9.
708528FF4380556C571DDEFD1EC9C414.jpg

Thanks for the info. Gonna order RPM tomorrow.
No problem OF. Just a heads up, the RPM wing mount looks weak and skinny in form/design, I had serious doubts when I first mounted mine, but so far it's taking a good beating. Guess looks can be deceiving.

Lol at taking it easy @Rich Duperbash. I've seen your videos haha. Does the Nero motor make a big difference in the Kraton and Outlaw? If so, is it still available on Amazon? I looked and didn't find anything. Found one on ebay for 65 or so with shipping though.

Lol at taking it easy @Rich Duperbash. I've seen your videos haha. Does the Nero motor make a big difference in the Kraton and Outlaw? If so, is it still available on Amazon? I looked and didn't find anything. Found one on ebay for 65 or so with shipping though.
Yes it does Frank. One, wasn't expecting top speed, but it's respectable. Hit 61 on Kraton with 16 pinion and stock tires on 6s. The bigger thing is torque for blasting jumps with little run up. I'm running mine with stock 185 ESC with no issues thus far. Kraton 18 pinion, Outcast 16. Temps 140 running hard, ESC 115 ish. I cut my motor wires and put on 4mm gold bullets. Recommend using ESC wire side, and adding 5.5mm female connector like BLX 200 ESC. Not suppose to cut these motor wires, whoops!

Yes it does Frank. One, wasn't expecting top speed, but it's respectable. Hit 61 on Kraton with 16 pinion and stock tires on 6s. The bigger thing is torque for blasting jumps with little run up. I'm running mine with stock 185 ESC with no issues thus far. Kraton 18 pinion, Outcast 16. Temps 140 running hard, ESC 115 ish. I cut my motor wires and put on 4mm gold bullets. Recommend using ESC wire side, and adding 5.5mm female connector like BLX 200 ESC. Not suppose to cut these motor wires, whoops!
Are the motor wires some sort of special braid? So does the Nero motor pull more amperage? What would happen if you used the blx200esc with the 185 motor?

Are the motor wires some sort of special braid? So does the Nero motor pull more amperage? What would happen if you used the blx200esc with the 185 motor?
Forgot the specs regarding amperage, believe ESC specs are very similar both rated at 150. I was told the motor wires were wound and needed to be a specific length or the motor timing could be screwed up and cause potential overheating and failure. I'm far from expert in this area, hopefully someone else will chime in on this.

I believe the reason for not cutting the motor wires
is that the wires have a varnish on them that is very hard
to get a good connection when soldering.
I cut the wires from the esc side if I need to on my helicopters
with no ill effects.

Its been a bit and I'm sure you've bashed a few times. Do you still recommend the RPM over the stock? Getting ready to order one or the other. I've loved all of my RPM stuff in the past, so I'm leaning that route.

Its been a bit and I'm sure you've bashed a few times. Do you still recommend the RPM over the stock? Getting ready to order one or the other. I've loved all of my RPM stuff in the past, so I'm leaning that route.
Yes the RPM wing mount will fit the Arrma Outcast and yes I would still recommend RPM. If for nothing else than the simple fact if you break it, ever, RPM will cover it under warranty.

Sweet. Ordered one. Hopefully it will be here before the weekend. This truck is giving me a ton of smiles.

I believe the reason for not cutting the motor wires
is that the wires have a varnish on them that is very hard
to get a good connection when soldering.
I cut the wires from the esc side if I need to on my helicopters
with no ill effects.
Thanks man, just saw your post.

You surely didn't read the exact link you posted nor must have never dealt with RPM.

Read that page you linked, it's pretty self explanatory in ever sense. Don't go modifying or melting their products and they will cover it. It's all there on that page.
I have the wing mount, but you are correct that I have never dealt with them on a warranty item. It also says on that page that of the item has been bent until it can no longer function it is not covered. Their blend of materials bends more than it snaps.
I'm not saying that they wouldn't cover it, and I'm certainly not bashing them. I'm just saying that reading that made me a bit nervous about it being covered. But if they have been good to people on their warranty issues then that should put my concern to rest.

I'm just saying that reading that made me a bit nervous about it being covered

Don't be nervous, RPM makes great products and has probably the best customer service I've seen in RC. Just read the next few lines from the one you just pointed out:

"Please use common sense to determine if the breakage was caused by a materials or workmanship issue. We take great pride in the engineering and craftsmanship that goes into each and every RPM part. Therefore, we take our customer service related issues just as seriously and we will do everything possible to resolve legitimate warranty related claims."

I've found the RPM wing mounts tweak just like the stock HD mount, but they can be restraightened using a heat gun and a gloved hand. Still haven't broken an RPM one yet. Honestly can't say if one is better than the other, but I think RPM plastic has more pliability which makes it harder to actually break.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back