Typhon Will Terrain Crusher Belted tires fit on my Typhon 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonphelps

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I’m looking at different tire options for my Typhon 6s. I feel the stock tires are neither tall or wide enough. From what I understand 2.8 will fit the stock Typhon but I don’t know about other tires.
Will the crushers fit? If not do I get some sort of extension so they aren’t too wide?

The only car in the 6S lineup to have some issues with 2.8in tires is the Typhon. The hexes are very narrow and sometimes that makes the inside of a wheel rub on the hubs. You can simply buy offset hexes and push the wheels out just enough to clear. I have done this with my T6S.

Now as far as Terrain Crushers, they are rather large, right? Website says 147mm OD for the TC and the stock Katar B are only 118mm. So you will need to gear down quite a bit or risk overheating.

All that said, they should fit just fine, but they are probably too large IMO for a Typhon.

The only car in the 6S lineup to have some issues with 2.8in tires is the Typhon. The hexes are very narrow and sometimes that makes the inside of a wheel rub on the hubs. You can simply buy offset hexes and push the wheels out just enough to clear. I have done this with my T6S.

Now as far as Terrain Crushers, they are rather large, right? Website says 147mm OD for the TC and the stock Katar B are only 118mm. So you will need to gear down quite a bit or risk overheating.

All that said, they should fit just fine, but they are probably too large IMO for a Typhon.
Thank you for the response. I am extremely new so please be patient with me. So, I currently bought a 6s Typhon. It’s my first RC car since 1993. Because of that I’m only running a 4s battery. At some point I may allow myself to graduate to a 6s.
With that being said, my stock tires are loosing tread like crazy. I’ve only unloaded 6 batteries on it over the past 3 weeks and the tread my already be half gone.
I’m looking for some tires that my Typhon can handle that aren’t only bigger but will last longer.
1.5 of the batteries were use on black top the other 4 and a half were used in the grass/dirt.

any thoughts and advice for this new guy would be awesome.

Thank you for the response. I am extremely new so please be patient with me. So, I currently bought a 6s Typhon. It’s my first RC car since 1993. Because of that I’m only running a 4s battery. At some point I may allow myself to graduate to a 6s.
With that being said, my stock tires are loosing tread like crazy. I’ve only unloaded 6 batteries on it over the past 3 weeks and the tread my already be half gone.
I’m looking for some tires that my Typhon can handle that aren’t only bigger but will last longer.
1.5 of the batteries were use on black top the other 4 and a half were used in the grass/dirt.

any thoughts and advice for this new guy would be awesome.
Yep the stock tires won’t last long on anything other than a dirt track type surface. You will want something a little harder for the other types of surfaces. If you plan on running on a street, you would be best off buying street tires. The Hoons from the rear of a Felony would be an easy choice. You could run them all day long on a street and not worry about overheating a stock Typhon. It they will wear out too if you do enough drifting or burnouts (they smoke when you do and it’s hard not to).

For something more “one size fits all” I would go with either of these

ProLine MX Badlands
https://www.prolineracing.com/tires...l-terrain-1-8-buggy-tires-mounted-mach-10.asp

Duratrax Lockup C2
https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/lockup-1-8-c2-mounted-buggy-spoke-tires-black-2/DTXC3616.html

I own both of these and it would be hard to choose between them. Both would be a great purchase. The Badlands are probably my favorite tread, but they do cost more.

I ran 2.8 badlands on my typhon they rubbed, so I got some associated rc8t extenders and no more rubbing. But definitely don't run em on asphalt on 6s they are great tires but be easy on asphalt

I don't bash no more but hoons white and grp S3 s5 and s7 tires are my go to.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back