Big Rock Will the DX5C transmitter work with the stock receiver for BR, Granite and Vendetta?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
I have three arrma vehicles with the stock receivers. The BR, Granite and Vendetta and wondering if the DX5C transmitter will work with all three without changing receivers?

The SLR300 is the only spektrum receiver that does not bind to the DX5C. Interesting note the SR315 is a dual receiver meaning it will bind to the SLT3 and the DX5C......go figure.

SR3100 works well. I have the DX5C, but I use the SR3100 for Kyosho, Tamiya, and other off-models to keep the same radio.

I believe @slick2500 has used "SR3100" receivers off of eBay that can be had for around $15-20 off the slow boat from China as DSM2 compatible receivers.
I have like 5 or 6 of those receivers, they don't avc or anything fancy and they have a higher latency than the Spektrum DSMR receivers but they work great for me. They used to be like $12 shipped from China and like $15 shipped from the US when I first started buying them. None of the ones I have have any stickers on them though so that must be something they recently started doing.

Quick question: I am going to install a SR6100AT receiver in my granite blx 3s truck. because it is DSMR it should connect to my DX5C TX. will AVC work on the granite once I install the new receiver and is there anything I have to do or change once I install the new receiver into my granite. I know this may sound like a nobb question, but I am fairly new to the hobby. Thanks in advance everyone glad I joined this community, cheers

Quick question: I am going to install a SR6100AT receiver in my granite blx 3s truck. because it is DSMR it should connect to my DX5C TX. will AVC work on the granite once I install the new receiver and is there anything I have to do or change once I install the new receiver into my granite. I know this may sound like a nobb question, but I am fairly new to the hobby. Thanks in advance everyone glad I joined this community, cheers

Yes avc will work in the Granite.

You will have to follow the instructions in the manual to properly bind the receiver and calibrate avc. You will also need to recalibrate the endpoints for the esc, check out the car manual for the calibration procedure.

Okay thanks for the information I will follow up once I get all the new parts I've ordered lol I broke the truck more than it's been running this summer but never the less fun a heck . The binding process is quite simple so that shouldn't be the hard part. Calibrating the AVC will be the challenge here I suspect.

Okay thanks for the information I will follow up once I get all the new parts I've ordered lol I broke the truck more than it's been running this summer but never the less fun a heck . The binding process is quite simple so that shouldn't be the hard part. Calibrating the AVC will be the challenge here I suspect.
Sorry I was in the waiting room at an appointment and didn't have the time to get all of the info. Horizon Hobby/Spektrum have some really good videos on Youtube for properly setting up and calibrating AVC.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back