Outcast Will the hobbystar 4092 fit in the outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffashbaugh452

Build it...Bash it...Break it...Repeat...
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
I have not had a chance to measure yet. But I was wondering if the Hobbystar or a leopard 4092 will fit into the outcast 6s without any major mods. And if it does could you guys show off some of your pics of it installed. Thanks alot

I checked my Noto. You will have to trim the side guard for sure. But it will fit. Very tight though. It just may touch the C block. (rear/front hinge pin holder). Its a reeaaly tight fit.You may want to rethink that motor. Too tight for my liking. But that's just me.
20200206_221700.jpg

92mm doesn't quite hit the arm. Clears it by at least 10mm. from my measurements. (4092 can) The rear edge of the can may hit the C block. Or maybe clear the C block by 1-2mm. Not enough clearance for my taste.
Measured again. The Right arm is 107mm from the edge of motor mount.
Sorry about the bad photo. It doesn't translate well enough what I see.

Last edited:
92mm doesn't quite hit the arm. Clears it by at least 10mm. from my measurements. (4092 can) The rear edge of the can may hit the C block. Or maybe clear the C block by 1-2mm. Not enough clearance for my taste.
Measured again. The Right arm is 107mm from the edge of motor mount.
Sorry about the bad photo. It doesn't translate well enough what I see.
Idk I know it's pretty close. But yeah looking at it again I think it might hit the rear suspension mount, so maybe that is what I was thinking of. ?‍♂️ With the Hot Racing suspension mounts, I have about 7mm between the end of my motor can and the suspension mount. I'm running a 4985 motor so I just measured off the end of that. I did have to cut out the rear of the side guard to allow the motor to clear.

Idk I know it's pretty close. But yeah looking at it again I think it might hit the rear suspension mount, so maybe that is what I was thinking of. ?‍♂️ With the Hot Racing suspension mounts, I have about 7mm between the end of my motor can and the suspension mount. I'm running a 4985 motor so I just measured off the end of that. I did have to cut out the rear of the side guard to allow the motor to clear.
A 4985 Can motor seems like a great option for the SWB chassis.(y)

Been running the surpass/rocket 4092 1650kv in my 2018 outcast since April of this year and it's been working well. I did change out the bearings to the TRB ceramic hybrids.
2021-0402-outcast-Rocket4092-1650kv-MotorESC.jpg

2021-0402-outcast-Rocket4092-1650kv-MotorRear.jpg

I've rearranged the wires a bit since then:
2021-1007-outcast-loweredFrontBodyMount-NHXMotorCooler-side-high.jpg

Putting the same combo in my new kraton exb. Will start a build thread on that later.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back