Big Rock Will the Kraton 4S V2 shocks fit the Big Rock correctly?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Looking to put these on my big rock anyone know if the sizes would match up? Thank you
53975469-1B2A-4CE0-98CC-96DAC137168B.png

They would technically bolt up.
Just that the height may be off as well as the spring rates. IDK. Not really plug and play to some extent making them work. IDK.
Compare the height spec dimensions of the stockers to these. To see where you would be.
Many rather go with Arrma 6s shocks. Mojave's or 6s Typhon ones. If I am correct
6s shocks are the better shocks hands down. Just need to select the correct size ones.

I know you can get the Alloy Red shock bodies as an option part by themselves. If you are more concerned about that look.
Alloy bodies may be smoother more Plush. I don't own a 4x4 to say either way.

Let others chime in. :unsure:
Below are the front and rear Option part shock bodies for the Big Rock.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-shock-body-11x51mm-2/ARA330667.html

https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/aluminum-shock-body-11x58mm-2/ARA330668.html

Last edited:
Short answer is no.. they are far to long, especially the rears.. They can be made shorter and will fit if you have some time to mess with them, and figure out a shorter spring set...

Then again, you will have to mess with any 6s shock as well, so pick your poison..

Hr v1 4s shock bodies, Typhon 6s shafts, 308 rod ends, and v1 outcast/kraton springs would be a direct replacement with proper length.. 👍

Actually if you just got the fronts, you should be only 10mm too tall on the front and the rear are the same length 111mm.. you could use your BR springs as well and that would soften them, I say got for it!! 😎

Actually if you just got the fronts, you should be only 10mm too tall on the front and the rear are the same length 111mm.. you could use your BR springs as well and that would soften them, I say got for it!! 😎

The 3s springs are a different diameter unfortunately... The new 4s springs are the same diameter as the 6s line..

I have a senton and a new outcast 4s and I'll tell you those new shocks are worlds better than the senton ones. No chassis slap on the way I drive mine. Not huge jumps at the skatepark but I still like to party lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back