Will the new 2019 chassis brace off the 6s Notorious fit on a 2018 model?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG C

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hi all. I am having some problems finding the rear chassis brace parts for my 2018 notorious. I keep breaking the little piece that connects the wing mounts and the chassis brace to the diff housing. So my question(s) is: Will the new chassis brace parts bolt right up? I would like to install the entire new setup since it looks fairly inexpensive. And what all will i need? I have already chopped off my wing and wheelie bar because that seemed to be the root of the problem.

Hi all. I am having some problems finding the rear chassis brace parts for my 2018 notorious. I keep breaking the little piece that connects the wing mounts and the chassis brace to the diff housing. So my question(s) is: Will the new chassis brace parts bolt right up? I would like to install the entire new setup since it looks fairly inexpensive. And what all will i need? I have already chopped off my wing and wheelie bar because that seemed to be the root of the problem.
You might consider just changing that part with one from JBI, Hot Racing, GKA or one of the other good aftermarket companies. Not sure who else has them, but anyone of the three mentioned would be a big improvement

You might consider just changing that part with one from JBI, Hot Racing, GKA or one of the other good aftermarket companies. Not sure who else has them, but anyone of the three mentioned would be a big improvement
I thought about that, but it might just start a chain reaction by causing something else to fail. i could just make a steel one to try it.
Chassis brace sets will fit these models. Hope this helps.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320446
I'm wondering if the red tube thing that runs the entire length of the car will fit the older models. mine doesn't have it and i am wondering if it will bolt right up? and if not what would i need to change to put it in?

I thought about that, but it might just start a chain reaction by causing something else to fail. i could just make a steel one to try it.

I'm wondering if the red tube thing that runs the entire length of the car will fit the older models. mine doesn't have it and i am wondering if it will bolt right up? and if not what would i need to change to put it in?
Just so I know we're on the same page, it's the little part in the middle of the this pic that you're talking about right? I attached it with longer screws and a nut to hold it. It hasn't given me a problem since.

Attachments

• 20190625_200453.jpg
    20190625_200453.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 39
Just so I know we're on the same page, it's the little part in the middle of the this pic that you're talking about right? I attached it with longer screws and a nut to hold it. It hasn't given me a problem since.
Yes thats the right piece, i keep breaking the bottom off of it. It's like it is getting yanked straight up, like if the wheelie bar got smoked from the top downwards.

Yes thats the right piece, i keep breaking the bottom off of it. It's like it is getting yanked straight up, like if the wheelie bar got smoked from the top downwards.
That part isn't that expensive, and like I said, I bolted it down to the dif with locking nuts on the end of slightly longer screws, and so far, no issue.

Attachments

• 20190808_222827.jpg
    20190808_222827.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 37
ya i know its cheap its just a royal pain to fix all the time. i'll look on amazon and see if i can find it.

(edit) i just found it on amain finally arrma doesn't show the parts list for my truck any more. they only have the new version. But nobodies answered my question: does the updated tower to tower chassis brace on the new 2019 model fit on the older version of the notorious?

Last edited:
Hey Buddy, you need the supports ARA320500 the bar ARA320504 the ends ARA320501 and screws ARA724530. Not sure about the center cage. If you have the older cage may have to cut a cross piece out. You could also just get the new loop which is ARA320466. Have fun!
This is from a similar post I answered earlier. Answer is yes but you will need the above parts.

The red tower to tower brace will fit on older models with the V4 mounts but in my opinion I wouldn’t put one on because they are useless and do more harm than good. Take a look at this pic of mine bent in under 3 jumps landing on the wheels with an M2C chassis intact. The only thing I would use that red bar for is playing miniature pool ?

Attachments

• 557FEB6B-37CA-4997-86D2-7A08D519981A.jpeg
    557FEB6B-37CA-4997-86D2-7A08D519981A.jpeg
    469.8 KB · Views: 39
  • A1FCAAA2-7A8E-4F26-A8E9-ACD8499DF609.jpeg
    A1FCAAA2-7A8E-4F26-A8E9-ACD8499DF609.jpeg
    483 KB · Views: 45
This is from a similar post I answered earlier. Answer is yes but you will need the above parts.
The red tower to tower brace will fit on older models with the V4 mounts but in my opinion I wouldn’t put one on because they are useless and do more harm than good. Take a look at this pic of mine bent in under 3 jumps landing on the wheels with an M2C chassis intact. The only thing I would use that red bar for is playing miniature pool ?
OK, thanks Jimbobjr, thats exactly what i was looking for(y). But considering what Lorenzo said i think i'll leave the miniature pool cue alone and just upgrade the part that keeps breaking. i'm gonna have to throw my chassis in the vice and bend it straight again... every time that piece breaks, the chassis bends:arghh:.

OK, thanks Jimbobjr, thats exactly what i was looking for(y). But considering what Lorenzo said i think i'll leave the miniature pool cue alone and just upgrade the part that keeps breaking. i'm gonna have to throw my chassis in the vice and bend it straight again... every time that piece breaks, the chassis bends:arghh:.
For Christmas or birthday gift ask for a M2C chassis. If money is not an issue buy it yourself. They are thicker and made out of stiffer aluminum. If you still have issues with the brace support breaking you may need to start thinking about the brace support and chassis brace because you are beginning to test the limits of the stock parts. M2C has a new chassis brace on their website and soon they will have a whole bracing system. I’d just go with their chassis and then buy the whole system when it becomes available.

That was exactly the question I was wondering for. Why everyone talking that this center brace do harm anything? Well, it’s bend, you need something stiffer - ok. But how and why does it harm?

That was exactly the question I was wondering for. Why everyone talking that this center brace do harm anything? Well, it’s bend, you need something stiffer - ok. But how and why does it harm?
Because it's a bad design, it can actually bend the rear of the stock chassis plate.

Before that stock chassis plate was bending in the middle cracking even more, am I right?
So in terms of a stock car design it looks like a move forward.
I wouldn't call it a move forward because it still bends the chassis and bends the T2T.

Before it wasn't cracking the plate but folding in a taco shape.

Aussie RC Playground did a video on the new V4 Kraton and explains what is happing with the new T2T brace and chassis. Don't have a link but it's on here somewhere and on YouTube.

I wouldn't call it a move forward because it still bends the chassis and bends the T2T.

Before it wasn't cracking the plate but folding in a taco shape.

Aussie RC Playground did a video on the new V4 Kraton and explains what is happing with the new T2T brace and chassis. Don't have a link but it's on here somewhere and on YouTube.
Yep, I was meaning affecting center diff in V3 during really bad crashes.
I saw that video, he was talking about bend chassis after rear brace failed, but ok, I got the idea, possibly will try and check with my own experience.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back