Granite Will the new differentials from the 4S cars fit the 3s cars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P0SEID0N2025

Reaction score
I keep killing the rear diff plastic gears on my granite and i want to upgrade to metal. I'm wondering if the new gears from the 4s cars will fit when they arrive in stores. I want to do that because its easier to buy the entire differential complete and drop it in. Also the complete metal diff that is specifically for the 3s cars is $75 on horizon hobby as opposed to $65.

yes, the new 4s cars will be compatible with certain 3s parts since they are on the same chassis layout. the new diffs will work, i really do hope this solves the diff problems.

yes, the new 4s cars will be compatible with certain 3s parts since they are on the same chassis layout. the new diffs will work, i really do hope this solves the diff problems.
I keep killing the rear diff plastic gears on my granite and i want to upgrade to metal. I'm wondering if the new gears from the 4s cars will fit when they arrive in stores. I want to do that because its easier to buy the entire differential complete and drop it in. Also the complete metal diff that is specifically for the 3s cars is $75 on horizon hobby as opposed to $65.

They will hold up well. I’m using the arrma Cnc diff gears on my speed cars which are the same diff setups the new 4s cars come with.
I’m running 7-8s on my cars.

Correct Slipper Setting, Punch only on 4 (stock is 3, max is 5), no gas on landing, no ultra-heavy wheels = plastic diff is fine.

I'd only get the new 4s diffs once they're on sale at a discount at a place like Jenny's. Otherwise the CNC or HR diffs that are already for the 3/4s line are superior materials for similar price.

Correct Slipper Setting, Punch only on 4 (stock is 3, max is 5), no gas on landing, no ultra-heavy wheels = plastic diff is fine.
I tried that, slipper slips too much when i loosen it and i get no power to the ground. Could be another issue but id rather go metal.

the ones on the new 4s line are powdered metal. the cnc ones are the tougher version. I don't know if it was rc driver or jaytee rc who discussed this.
That’s interesting. When they were first launched on the arrma site i went to replacement parts, not options parts and it showed the Cnc gear diffs, I assumed they came in the truck. Kind of let’s me down they didn’t just put them in there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back