Kraton Will there be a new kraton 8s in a short while??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adpower

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Thinking to buy 1, but is there any news if there is comming a new 1? Or an EXB?

Especially now that they come with the EXB versions ... I wouldn't be surprised that such is coming.
Doubt it the v2 came out recently.

Especially now that they come with the EXB versions ... I wouldn't be surprised that such is coming.

I doubt Arrma is going to make a Kraton 8s exb, they beefed everything "the most they could."

Other than the electrics there won’t be much to change. The formed gussets in the k8s and oc8s cost a lot to put in there. I highly doubt the same tooling could be used on 7075 (exb) as it would most likely crack or have to go thru an even more expensive annealling process and then rehardened after forming. The die and tonnage would be different too.

Molds had to be made for all the plastics as well. All that tooling and molds cost crazy money because they have to pay engineers and guys like me to make it all. Other than small changes here and there my bet is the 8s models will be the same for a while and they will just add to the line.

I’ve been wrong before though. I said Arrma would never make a road car....

If you get the latest version you should be fine. I have the 1st and bought it the day they were available. I did not like the radio which I changed out or the flexy chassis which I also changed. Center dif oil was too thin and the stock pinion way too small. Those areas have been addressed by Arrma with a good radio (I have the dx3 in another model), better bracing, thicker stock dif oil and you can always buy a bigger pinion. Down the road you may need a few things if you want to turn it into a something more extreme. I still love mine...

If you get the latest version you should be fine. I have the 1st and bought it the day they were available. I did not like the radio which I changed out or the flexy chassis which I also changed. Center dif oil was too thin and the stock pinion way too small. Those areas have been addressed by Arrma with a good radio (I have the dx3 in another model), better bracing, thicker stock dif oil and you can always buy a bigger pinion. Down the road you may need a few things if you want to turn it into a something more extreme. I still love mine...
on the original engine, what is the max pinion size?
and is an other engine plate needed when you place a hw 1100 or 800kv?

Mine came with the 23T pinion in the box, so I’d try that before buying anything different.
that great! mine came with a 17t I think and nothing else. 23T should be pretty exciting.
on the original engine, what is the max pinion size?
and is an other engine plate needed when you place a hw 1100 or 800kv?
I made my own motor slide for the bigger 56mm motors. There are several now available. @PPS-RC is an arrma forum member and makes top notch stuff. This is the gorgeous slide he makes for the big cans.
https://practicalproto.com/collections/frontpage/products/30mm-motor-insert-for-arrma-kraton-8s

Last edited:
that great! mine came with a 17t I think and nothing else. 23T should be pretty exciting.

I made my own motor slide for the bigger 56mm motors. There are several now available. @PPS-RC is an arrma forum member and makes top notch stuff. This is the gorgeous slide he makes for the big cans.
https://practicalproto.com/collections/frontpage/products/30mm-motor-insert-for-arrma-kraton-8s
I threw a 25T on my stock electronics and have had no issues with heat. She absolutely shreds on throttle-- very fun!

Also, there was a leak that mentioned "Kraton 8S Short Course" a while back. No one knows quite what that means, but it was on HH UK's website for a brief time (no images, just a listing).

What is the range of the Dx3?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back