Will these batteries fit? Floureon 8000mah

PPS-RC

ArrmaForum Vendor
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Nero
So, I know how to read (now) but when ordering my batteries for my Big Rock I misread a dimension.

The battery tray is......... 6.93x1.97x1.42
The floureon battery is..5.30x1.71x1.56

It's only off by .060" (or roughly 2mm)
Is there wiggle room in the tray where I can get away with it, or should I box up these packs for return and order new ones? I'd normally just wait and see, but I'm antsy to get back to bashing, and don't want any delay.

I really wanted that capacity. 8000mah 40c would have been fantastic. especially at the value (assuming that I didn't get a bunk pack).

wendortb

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Nero,
I have the SMC 3s 7200mah batteries and they squeeze in with the following dimensions:
5.4x1.8x1.46

The plastic can bend a little when you put the packs in, but I am not sure how much. The biggest issue I have is the wire comes out of the corner of the pack and can rub when running. I have seen someone else cut out the plastic side and just use a Velcro strap instead of the normal latch but I feel that is pretty extreme.

PPS-RC

ArrmaForum Vendor
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Nero
Thanks for the input guys. I'll keep this updated if they fit. I've held off on dropping the $ on new packs, but I am still hesitant to swap the connectors until I know they fit.

PPS-RC

ArrmaForum Vendor
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Nero
Twiddling my thumbs waiting on the mail, I went ahead and swapped the connectors anyway, and set up my charger. I did find out I need a slightly bigger charging bag to fit all of this stuff in it.

Side note, I'm about positive these are 6s packs with 3 parallel sets of cells. I'm not sure how to feel about that since there isn't a way to really check individual cells. I'll keep an eye on them.

Attachments

Ole Fart51

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
, Nero, , Talion
Be very careful with the floureon soft packs, I have burned up two trucks while using them. One was only a few weeks old and the other was 2 months old. one was a 3s the other 4s. SMC 7200mah is the way to go.

PPS-RC

ArrmaForum Vendor
Vendor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Kraton 6s, Nero
Long story short, the batteries do not fit, and I wouldn't recommend them.

They did however get me over an hours run time putting around the back yard.

A video on fitment

And a couple pics
IMG_20161118_153228.jpg [/MEDIA]

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jigstick Kraton Will these batteries fit Arrma 6s BLX 21
Rytek Gens Ace side post batteries won't fit Nero Electronics 3
1BadBrutha78 Felony Best Batteries for speed Arrma 6s BLX 18
Supreme Arrma Batteries Arrma 8S 11