Kraton Will these shims work for the kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those would be enough to fully shim all three? Planetary and sun gears?
Yes sir. Package includes Six 5x18mm diff washers (0.2mm thick) & Ten 3.5x12mm diff washers (.02mm thick)

Sweet! Thanks dude
You know I wish there was a sticky thread listing all upgrade parts like this at the top of each of the Arrma model forum areas if the parts differ

There is a sticky in the drive train section pointing to the video, but the video lists Team Durango part numbers.

Now time to dig around and see if the senton uses the same diffs, may get two sets

Now time to dig around and see if the senton uses the same diffs, may get two sets
Yes the Senton, Kraton, Talion, Typhon and Outcast all use the same diffs.

Newbie question here but wondering what the shims are for and why I would need them. Thanks

Newbie question here but wondering what the shims are for and why I would need them. Thanks
From what I've read about these differentials there is space between the case and the gears. This added slop or space put extra stress on things. Adding the shims tightens everything up removing the slack making for a more solid diff

Just finished my kraton diffs using the mugen shims. Used 1 behind each large gear & 1 behind each small gear, discarding the factory shims. 60f, 100c, 30r oils.

The v2 associated shims only come with the small ones. The old v1 set came with planetary shims too... Thats what ive used in my typhon. They fit perfect and came in 2 different thickness.. Its a bummer they don't make them now.

Also if you cant get mugen shims kyosho make a clutch shim that is 5x.02x20...
I use those as planetary shims in my kraton :)

Just finished my kraton diffs using the mugen shims. Used 1 behind each large gear & 1 behind each small gear, discarding the factory shims. 60f, 100c, 30r oils.
How did the 60-100-30 oils work for you in the diffs? Was thinging of running the same setup

How did the 60-100-30 oils work for you in the diffs? Was thinging of running the same setup
Think it works good with these weights, can stand it up on the wheelie bar if I choose or keep it planted on the ground. Mines manly for speed runs, 23t pinion=68mph with src terrain crushers.

Yeah Mugen E0206.

The price might be cheaper on Tower but trust me when I say this, the parts saver shipping is slow as balls(UPS Smartpost). I live 13 hours away from their warehouse, it took 10 days for me to get my parts order from them using the parts saver shipping, my last order I opted for the $4.99 shipping option and had the stuff to me in 3 days. Amain uses USPS Priority Mail, I can order something from them right now and have it here on Monday.

Yeah Mugen E0206.

The price might be cheaper on Tower but trust me when I say this, the parts saver shipping is slow as balls(UPS Smartpost). I live 13 hours away from their warehouse, it took 10 days for me to get my parts order from them using the parts saver shipping, my last order I opted for the $4.99 shipping option and had the stuff to me in 3 days. Amain uses USPS Priority Mail, I can order something from them right now and have it here on Monday.
Yeah i live about 2 hours from the Reno Nevada location and usually get my stuff within 24-48 hours. My Kraton v2 i got within 24 hours. I had alot of other things i had to order to so i put together a 100 dollar order, got 15 bucks off and free shipping...

I ordered from Tower but does the set come with 5 or 6 big shims? Pics and description don't match.

I ordered from Tower but does the set come with 5 or 6 big shims? Pics and description don't match.
It comes with 6, idk why it says 5. Or if you are unlucky like me you don't get any big washers just the small ones lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back