Kraton Will these work on Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to see if these will work on a Kraton. Can't find the measurements any where.
Gonna say yes because the Kraton is a basher, budget version of the high end durango dex8t racing truggy. Durango and arrma are owned by the same company. Why do you want to buy different shocks, stock work great on a basher monster with stiffer springs and oil?

Gonna say yes because the Kraton is a basher, budget version of the high end durango dex8t racing truggy. Durango and arrma are owned by the same company. Why do you want to buy different shocks, stock work great on a basher monster with stiffer springs and oil?
Cause doing this too much

Attachments

• 20170223_102458.jpg
    20170223_102458.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 59
it may be easier to change stocks ? they are cheap, got a handful of Pro stock and change on health , almost every day of break )) And the springs I got from TEKNO orange....

Cause doing this too much

SPS468......that bent shaft is caused mostly from lack of driving skill....happens to me all the time. :) Any shock will bust. Most monster bashers don't have expensive shocks on them with all the fancy coatings etc. They do have good cheaper shocks on them that get the job done for bashing. They can be stocked up on quite cheaply. However....the Tekno shocks have something that can justify some extra strength. They are 4mm shafts and the ball end seems to be very robust. The Durango's are probably just slightly shorter Kraton shocks with fancy wear preventing coatings on them. (Maybe)

Racers like to really tune their shocks to perfection and they want them to last a while (They don't abuse them in insane hard crashes) That's why they are made a little better with mostly some plating that lets them last. Tracks are designed to be made for the 1/8 scale cars. Bashing is random, overkill, over powered insanity.

There are a few ways to look at a basher... If you add strength to one part , something more expensive down the line will take the shock instead. Also.....expense. Would you rather let a decent cheaper part take a beating or would you want to beat on more expensive stuff that still may bust ? I snapped one Kraton shock so far and had the RC for a while now. All I do is jump with it. Cost me about $12.50 for a completely new shock. All I really needed was the shaft. I went the route of having some replacement parts on hand. Plus I have a few RC's to cycle through.

In my opinion....the stock shocks are pretty darn good for the money and the Tekno's look like the only shock I can find that justifies any added strength. (that also fits) Those are the bomb but probably twice the cost.....Not too bad. You may survive a hit that stock shocks will not.....then the next part in line gets the snap in it.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Vanning, his post is spot on...

The Team Durango plastics are exactly the same as Arrma's, and I highly doubt the shock shafts are any different. They might have a coating on them, but that won't prevent them from bending. A relatively cheap way to find out it's to just replaced your Arrma shafts with Durango, they should fit, but you'll want to verify that for yourself.

As Vanning said, the strength you're seeking comes from thicker shafts.

I have to agree with Vanning, his post is spot on...

The Team Durango plastics are exactly the same as Arrma's, and I highly doubt the shock shafts are any different. They might have a coating on them, but that won't prevent them from bending. A relatively cheap way to find out it's to just replaced your Arrma shafts with Durango, they should fit, but you'll want to verify that for yourself.

As Vanning said, the strength you're seeking comes from thicker shafts.

Alright, I'm back to eat crow... Upon further research, the Team Durango dex8T shocks do in fact have 4mm shafts. Both the front and rear appear to be a few millimeters longer than the stock Arrma shocks, but that shouldn't be a problem. Based on this info, they should make a great upgrade!
http://www.team-durango.com/part-info.php?partNo=TD330721

The Kraton measures 3.45 mm the Durango is 3.81. I wonder why they went a little thinner ? I wonder if a slightly thicker shaft would fit into the red shock body of a Kraton ? Just by looking at the black o-rings, they are a little hard so the larger shaft won't fit that. Maybe Durango shafts and a rebuild kit to save a little money ?

The o-rings, o-ring spacers and shafts are available for the Durango. The shock body may have to be drilled out slightly on the Kraton to fit the larger shaft. The o-ring spacers look a little different. Idk... just a though.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back