Kraton will this battery fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you recommend the smaller 6200mah one?
As you can see I had to remove the sliding battery mount to get it to fit .the problem with the 9500MAH battery is it's too wide to fit in the stock tray no matter which way round you turn it .the 6200MAH just fits .it's a good battery but a bit on the heavy side .

PXL_20230427_231805436.jpg

PXL_20230427_231820052.jpg

As you can see I had to remove the sliding battery mount to get it to fit .the problem with the 9500MAH battery is it's too wide to fit in the stock tray no matter which way round you turn it .the 6200MAH just fits .it's a good battery but a bit on the heavy side .

View attachment 295741

View attachment 295742
are there any lighter batteries that give lots of power, but are lighter?

I run this big boy in my kraton sometimes. 🤣 last forever and I’ve. Updated motor and esc so the weight is fine and let’s be honest they’re not track stars I love the kratons but they’re bashers almost impossible to get the front end dialed in and the slop out for any good speed track running but again love the kraton! I actually just rebuild my first exb

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Why did you remove the top brace!?i
Sacrifice I made for the new motor motor mount …I had 90% of this build for diff projects that got sold or changed so I did a laundry list of upgrades with stuff on hand with that said I was debating seriously about keeping the brace 🥲but I kept it all hot racing so I bought a roll cage instead guy never used it got it cheap ….plus my body is shoe glued and drywall tape so good but I def hear ya on that lol

Sacrifice I made for the new motor motor mount …I had 90% of this build for diff projects that got sold or changed so I did a laundry list of upgrades with stuff on hand with that said I was debating seriously about keeping the brace 🥲but I kept it all hot racing so I bought a roll cage instead guy never used it got it cheap ….plus my body is shoe glued and drywall tape so good but I def hear ya on that lol
looks nice! have you beat around yet w the rpm arms, if so do you like them? heard they sag too much on 1/8 rigs...

looks nice! have you beat around yet w the rpm arms, if so do you like them? heard they sag too much on 1/8 rigs...
Honestly the red exb arms are great ! I have an exb kraton with the older blue arms and these are def stronger they’re improved design I’m so happy with em im throwing a set on my talion

:unsure:Will this 6s battery fit the kraton 6s v5 without any battery tray modifications?
Sorry, it is not a fit.
Why don't you just check the Battery tray dimensions in the Manual. Like we all do. 48mm is the correct Max. width. That's where most screw up. You can JAM it in there to try and rob 2 more mm, like some do. Just not correct. And 175mm length is barely a fit.
Will break the tray . And that's a very heavy lipo.
Why such a large capacity lipo?
Where you Bashing to? The moon?
Would you recommend the smaller 6200mah one?
Do yourself a favor and look to the manual for the Tray dimensions which are listed specifically for choosing a proper size lipo.
And Lipos always give you the size dimensions for when shopping them. Again, the tray width of 48 mm is usually the most critical dimension. Lipo should be no wider than this.
You keep asking what will fit.
:unsure: We all use different brand lipos. Do your homework and confirm for yourself. And don't depend on someone else when it comes to fitting lipos. Been there. There are so many out there. Why Hack Up a lipo tray to MAKE it fit.? NG IMHO. These lipos are expensive. So don't screw up with a Bad useless purchase. 6k Mah packs give or take are usually just right, 15 min run time on average, give or take.
Read the Kraton manual. Can't be lazy about this.:rolleyes: Need to know about Lipo Tray dimensions first. Only then, shop for a lipo that has proper dimensions.
If your dog ate it, Arrma-RC.com has it in PDF for ya.

Last edited:
Why did you remove the top brace!?
Makes it easier to get the big boy battery in the tray
are there any lighter batteries that give lots of power, but are lighter?
Not that I know off when you go up in volts & mah the battery has to go up in size to put out the power. if you are a big air/backflip guy big heavy batteries are not ideal

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back