Talion Will this body fit v5?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Love this body!
Was wondering if it’s a direct fit for v5

1F120BF3-2A2C-4084-BF03-3239BA1CC173.jpeg

Tough call there if it's an actual drop on replacement for a V5 Tally.
I just compared this to a pix of a current prepainted one. Looks like its a maybe. Maybe not necessarily a perfect fit unless you mod the Body post placement. Front bumper may also pose a problem. IDK? I know that some older legacy bodies were revamped at the body posts. Like the very early bodied Kratons body posts were changed around for the new current Kraton bodies.
I am sure you could make it fit.
@slick2500 might know better?;)

I just compared this to a pix of a current prepainted one. Looks like its a maybe. Maybe not necessarily a perfect fit unless you mod the Body post placement. Front bumper may also pose a problem. IDK? I know that some older legacy bodies were revamped at the body posts. Like the very early bodied Kratons body posts were changed around for the new current Kraton bodies.
Thank you sir!
If I can make it work with posts I might have to grab this thing
Just wouldn’t want to cut out new holes in it at this price

Oh I agree, should not/would not trim any new holes at all.
All you probably need are the correct body posts and mounts.
I like that Legacy Tally body. It's different.(y)
Maybe even stronger??
I know the current Tally bodies are kind of flimsey.:unsure:
Are they?
Like the Kraton bodies are? I was eating them left and right. So now I run a PL unbreakable PET Kraton body. Ugly as sin, but never broke, even years later. Not even a slightest crack. If anything a post will break or pull out first.

Oh I agree, should not/would not trim any new holes at all.
All you probably need are the correct body posts and mounts.
I like that Legacy Tally body. It's different.(y)
Maybe even stronger??
I know the current Tally bodies are kind of flimsey.:unsure:
Are they?
Like the Kraton bodies are? I was eating them left and right. So now I run a PL unbreakable PET Kraton body. Ugly as sin, but never broke, even years later. Not even a slightest crack. If anything a post will break or pull out first.
Yeah the new Talion bodies are thin / flimsy almost seems the Exb body is the thinnest

Lots of the older unbreakable bodies were pretty ugly 😂 seems they are getting better looking recently
But regardless of their looks those unbreakable bodies are great and definitely worth the price!

I'm not sure what revision when the Tally body changed.:unsure:
Yeah the new Talion bodies are thin / flimsy almost seems the Exb body is the thinnest

Lots of the older unbreakable bodies were pretty ugly 😂 seems they are getting better looking recently
But regardless of their looks those unbreakable bodies are great and definitely worth the price!
Dam the PL Kraton body was $80.. I only got it because PL screwed me over on a set of crappy set of leaking PL Crawler shocks out the package and couldn't give me product support. So they agreed to give me a 50% OFF coupon on their site. How I got the PL Brute Armor body. I got 50% off the most expensive PL item I could find.:giggle: Unfortunately is not paintable, made from PET white plastic.
In retrospect being the last body I will need for my Kraton , I would have gladly spent the $80.
PL only makes it for the Kraton however last I checked.
They used to have a shorter Notorious/OC version. But discontinued it.
PL also makes a very Thick Clear Lexan Paintable version as well. (same shape) FWIW.

Last edited:
I want to say no, as the V1-V2 Talion was almost identical to the V1-V2 Kraton, literally the only differences where the hubs, stub axles, hexes, body and tires. The V3 Talion has different shock towers with a lower profile.

PS I love that body too, I hated when they changed it for the V3 model.

-edit-Comparing the exploded diagrams you might be able to get it to fit you you bought ARA330230 and used the body mounts out of that package as the body mounts appear to be in the same place but the new ones are longer whereas the old ones are shorter, sort of like the difference between a V3 and a V4 Kraton body.

-edit2- The short body mounts go in the rear and the tall mounts in the front.

Last edited:
Wouldn't the body posts/mounts be differently positioned and be different. The Early Kraton and bodies were like this? I remember when poeple were trying to put the new Kraton body onto their older Kraton rigs. It wasn't a drop in. Maybe at the front if I remember. The offset of the holes were different?

Wouldn't the body posts/mounts be differently positioned and be different. The Early Kraton and bodies were like this? I remember when poeple were trying to put the new Kraton body onto their older Kraton rigs. It wasn't a drop in. Maybe at the front if I remember. The offset of the holes were different?

Crap I was looking at the Typhon rear shock tower when I zoomed in on the manual :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

But yes the body mounts are in different locations on the shock towers.

V1 shock tower.

1669935076314.png

EXB Talion shock tower.

1669935109830.png

As you can see the lower body mount hole on the EXB is just slightly above where the wing mount screws go through the shock tower and the V1 they are much higher up maybe farther out too, but it is hard to tell.

Thank you guys for all the help!

I want this body ... just not sure how much I’m willing to pay
It’s Already at 81$ with shipping and still 3 days left in auction

Thank you guys for all the help!

I want this body ... just not sure how much I’m willing to pay
It’s Already at 81$ with shipping and still 3 days left in auction
I found a V1 or V2 Talion for sale on Bookface yesterday with a mint body, Hot Racing chassis braces, Hot Racing battery tray, Hot Racing servo mount, Proline 3.8 Badlands and Tekno ET48.3 shocks for $250 but some jerk beat me to it. :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back