Kraton Will this fit? Prob EXB diff issue solve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike-NLD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Guys, im still waiting for my EXB to arrive..

Been reading about these rear diff problems..
The new diff input and diff main gear, the GP4's are wider and stronger.. Right?
But the problem is within the diffcup..
Does this new main diffcup bolt onto the old (normal 6s) diffcup?

If that fits.. That way.. You profit from the added strenght on diff input and main.. But don't have to deal with the internals problem..

Guys, im still waiting for my EXB to arrive..

Been reading about these rear diff problems..
The new diff input and diff main gear, the GP4's are wider and stronger.. Right?
But the problem is within the diffcup..
Does this new main diffcup bolt onto the old (normal 6s) diffcup?

If that fits.. That way.. You profit from the added strenght on diff input and main.. But don't have to deal with the internals problem..
There really shouldn’t be an internal problem. In theory, these gears are stronger so we wouldn’t want the old style gears.

I would assume (and this is only an assumption) that people aren’t doing their due diligence in checking their fluid levels on their diffs prior to their maiden voyage.

Another thing brought up was that there could be a shim issue with the rear diff not having the lsd setup... just make sure your diff is full of fluid and doesn’t have a lot of slop, if it does, shim it out just like we would with the old style and we’ll be golden ????

With any new design there is bound to be errors... I’d assume their main focus when they were making these new diffs was the LSD feature of them. And who knows maybe they were all 3 originally going to have the lsd but then in testing they discovered that an open rear end is better for performance and handling. So they came up with the shims in there that maybe fell a little short on filling in the gaps. ??‍♂️

Only time (and testing) will tell :)

There are reports that some of the rear diffs didn’t come with enough shims. They are supposed to have three shims behind the sun gear pin. The people that broke their gears found they only had two on each side.

I pulled mine out and found mine had three on the main gear side, didn’t pull the cup side but feel like it should be the same. Didn’t want to change the fluid as mine was 80% full and I am light on 10k fluid and LHS was out too. I am trying to run it stock before going thicker.

2E442DAE-C7FD-46C8-95AC-480ECC95E81E.jpeg

Several people broke them with 3 shims in each spot.

Several people broke them with 3 shims in each spot.
That’s news to me. Can you provide a link please? If that’s true, I’m ordering LSD plates for my rear.

Pretty sure the new diff cup is a smaller OD than the old diff cup, so the old diff cup will likely not fit the new ring gear. They made the teeth longer on the ring/pinion, yet the OD of the gear is the same size so it still fits in the existing bulkhead without hitting anything. So it would make sense that they had to make the cup itself a bit smaller to fit inside the smaller OD of the gear teeth.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back