Infraction Will this hit 100mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordan10R

Rich Duperbash wannabe
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Notorious
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
I am no speed runner by any means. But I wanted to hit 100mph I put max6 with 4985 1650kv with the 25t pinion and everything else is stock. Should this do 100mph I had at 89mph with stock system.

cameringo_20210926_185448.jpg

Very nice rig. Done up nicely. I cant see why not. Correct gearing and all. And running 8s.
Need a gear speed calculator to calculate an approximate speed. You will know if you are around the 100 mark. Just plug in pinion sizes to project a speed you want.

Damn that was the biggest pinion I have. And a waste of time🤦🏼‍♂️ don't people run the castle 1650 for speed running but with a 34t most time?
If everything else is the same, it will be slower due to lower kV of the motor, probably in the low 80's..
You can gear up though, get a bigger pinion.
Very nice rig. Done up nicely. I cant see why not. Correct gearing and all. And running 8s.
Need a gear speed calculator to calculate an approximate speed. You will know if you are around the 100 mark. Just plug in pinion sizes to project a speed you want.
Thanks I have had it for over year and probably ran it no more the 5 times. So I figure I try this out. But I probably sell it after this. I like bashing. But we see how this goes and trying to hit 100 on 6s. 👊

Need to change your spur gear to get the right combination. I think you are running a stocker 46 spur right now. You should thicken the Center dff oil also while you remove the 46t and go to a smaller Spur. Not sure what brand makes them though.200k -300k oil is a start. I run 500k in my Infr.
A spool setup is best for speed running. And smaller spurs are easily done this way. 39/34/29 spur/Arrma gears.

Damn that was the biggest pinion I have. And a waste of time🤦🏼‍♂️ don't people run the castle 1650 for speed running but with a 34t most time?

Thanks I have had it for over year and probably ran it no more the 5 times. So I figure I try this out. But I probably sell it after this. I like bashing. But we see how this goes and trying to hit 100 on 6s. 👊
Speedrunning is done with a 8mm spool instead of the centerdiff, so both spur and pinion can be adjusted accordingly. kv sets the limit for your maximum rpm's. Your gearing, diffs and tire diameter determine speed and power required to do so

Wow😢😢😢 like I said not speed runner my thinking bigger motor more MPH 🤷🏼‍♂️. But I'll give it ago tomorrow and probably put back to stock put up for sell.
The stock motor on 6s will spin at 45,510RPM's and the Hobbywing motor will spin 36,630RPM's on 6s. but you can gear it more aggressively, to go faster, and you can run it on 8s!

^^^Bump up your gearing. 8s. Need a spool to get the best gear range.

Are you running GP5 diff gears F/R?
V2 Infr.?

Final drive ratio was changed for the V2's . I was trying to calculate your setup. I run V1 gears.

Speed calculators are a good guide but take the numbers that are spat out with a grain of salt as factors such as the ESC, type of batteries/condition and the state of the vehicle itself (may be binding somewhere)
Allow for a little sag too when you’re inputting the voltage into the calculator.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back