Infraction Will this hit 100mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^
Allowing for sag is always good. Can gives a more conservative number.
There's always going to be an percentage of error +/-.(y)

Proof of 62. I am seeing is believing person. And my 90 something run there was more throttle left but not room enough.

Screenshot_20210926-184749.png

I never doubted you guys just had find out for my self😢. Maybe I'll just see how fast I get it stocked with. Putting the least amount of money I can into it. Thanks guys you where spot on.
It’s all about gearing. You will need a spool so you can run large enough pinions. If the motor mount allowed a large enough pinion, you wouldn’t have to worry. But it’s limited to around 80TTC IIRC. Anytime you need help, I would be glad to pitch in. Let me know.

It’s all about gearing. You will need a spool so you can run large enough pinions. If the motor mount allowed a large enough pinion, you wouldn’t have to worry. But it’s limited to around 80TTC IIRC. Anytime you need help, I would be glad to pitch in. Let me know.
Yup. I going buy a spool and some larger gears. And put the stock set up back In and see what we can do. And yea you be the first person I ask👊. Yes I had to try us23 out why it's shut down😜

Yup. I going buy a spool and some larger gears. And put the stock set up back In and see what we can do. And yea you be the first person I ask👊. Yes I had to try us23 out why it's shut down😜
Yeah it makes my drive home 30mins longer. I have thought about taking a pit stop for a quick pass but those boys in blue don’t play.

I think you could get 100mph on the stock set up.
Speed calculators are a good guide but take the numbers that are spat out with a grain of salt as factors such as the ESC, type of batteries/condition and the state of the vehicle itself (may be binding somewhere)
Allow for a little sag too when you’re inputting the voltage into the calculator.
If you are going to do 150+ Raz said to say 6s when doing a 8s set up.
yes stock set up but with a spool you should do 110+ ez I think the best strat is to leave the max6 but, the stock motor back in.
Yeah it makes my drive home 30mins longer. I have thought about taking a pit stop for a quick pass but those boys in blue don’t play.
Do you ever come my way? (just asking)

Last edited:
Stock motor mount is 80 total tooth count to be exact?
I thought less. I was off a bit though.:unsure:
Useful info.(y)

Stock motor mount is 80 total tooth count to be exact?
I thought less. I was off a bit though.:unsure:
Useful info.(y)
It may be as low as 76TTC, but I’m not certain. All my cars have the PPS mounts.

I once did a rough count with my set of pinions. Came up with 66-67 or something like that with the Stocker mount. That PPS mount is sweet with the larger TTC.(y)

Yea I going put stock setup back in. And @jondilly1974 gave me some tips. I got spools on way and going change F&R diff fluid and going try 40/25 gearing to start. And see how fast we can get it stock with just changing gearing. And when I top it out I will change the power system out. Thanks everyone for the info and help

Last edited:
Yea I going put stock setup back in. And @jondilly1974 gave me some tips. I got spools on way and going change F&R diff fluid and going try 40/27 gearing to start. And see how fast we can get it stock with just changing gearing. And when I top it out I will change the power system out. Thanks everyone for the info and help
Nice. @jondilly1974 is killing it with his Mojave!

I got a 34/46(80TTC) on the stock mount with the BLX185 but you’ll only get one bolt in the motor mount……… all you really need if you’re just speed running.

Need to change your spur gear to get the right combination. I think you are running a stocker 46 spur right now. You should thicken the Center dff oil also while you remove the 46t and go to a smaller Spur. Not sure what brand makes them though.200k -300k oil is a start. I run 500k in my Infr.
A spool setup is best for speed running. And smaller spurs are easily done this way. 39/34/29 spur/Arrma gears.
Robinson racing makes a 40 tooth spur that bolts right on the stock diff.

That's why you pinion look like this?
View attachment 171784
Here’s a better pic bro.
There’s nothing wrong with the pinion. She’s been used multiple times after this without any issue.
It’s just the reflection of the light on the teeth when you’re freeze framing your phone looking for something to pick at.

1BF4F986-0AD7-4F90-9252-1B12B9BAA925.jpeg

I have gotten mine up to 86 is my personal best w/ everything stock except for the upgraded gearing.
Here pretty cool video of what 63 mph looks like with my DJI OSMO Action camera mounted on top.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back