Will this work to make my tires belted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
83 lb for on road tires. I think it's good enough
16601415526253591865267475586310.jpg

I have tried a few different things to do this and the best one I have found is this 200 LB cord

https://www.amazon.com/emma-kites-Activities-Tactical-Survival/dp/B07283VX4D/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2VO7PP2NTHC63&keywords=kevlar+cord&qid=1660142962&sprefix=kevlar+c,aps,548&sr=8-1-spons&th=1&psc=1

I glue one end to the tire and let it get hard and then wrap the tire 3 times and glue the other end and then glue 2 or 3 more spots around the tire as well. I have never had this cord rip (I don't run my trucks on gravel only dirt and grass). It has come unglued but thats an easy fix and not often. But this has held up to a lot and the reason I like it is because the glue can soak into it and really get a good bond with the tire. Belted tires are good but when you want to run something like backflip tires you don't have a belted option unless you go with proline belted badlands which at $140 a set kind of hurts and they are big and heavy. Or you go cheaper belted like duratrax but I haven't had the best luck with them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back