Will Turnigy Heavy Duty 6S 5000 mAh 60C fit Arrma Kraton V3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. So you have a Arrma Kraton V3 with standard battery tray and it's OK with your battery in size 145x51x61mm (that's 3 mm. more wide than Arrma specified) without any adjustments?

Yes but it's a tight squeeze.
20181217_150840.jpg

Thank you.

But it's OK easy to take it up/down when charging or is it annoying, or do you think every time that you rather should have buyed a smaller battery?

Thank you.

But it's OK easy to take it up/down when charging or is it annoying, or do you think every time that you rather should have buyed a smaller battery?
I'm not sure what you mean by take it up/down.

Normally do you take out the battery when it needs to be charged and when you put the car in storage?

Normally do you take out the battery when it needs to be charged and when you put the car in storage?
I never leave batteries in any of my cars. All of my batteries are stored in an ammo can. But no it isn't any harder to take out than my 2 3s or 2 2s batteries.

And it makes it not more difficult/time consuming that Turnigy Heavy Duty 6S 5000 mAh 60C is 3 mm. wider than Arrma recommends?

Ok. So you have a Arrma Kraton V3 with standard battery tray and it's OK with your battery in size 145x51x61mm (that's 3 mm. more wide than Arrma specified) without any adjustments?

It fits in my Typhon, Talion and Notorious, it’ll fit in a Kraton.

(I put the charge cable in the little holder/bracket in the car, this was just taken to show it fits.

Edit: It is tight, the tray does bulge slightly. First time I tried I thought ‘this is too big’. But then I stopped treating it like a delicate ornament and just got on with it. I’ve had numerous runs in all 3 of my cars without issue.

Attachments

• DF13A2E9-3604-433D-82C2-3701C3A7D62F.jpeg
    DF13A2E9-3604-433D-82C2-3701C3A7D62F.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 80
  • DAC0FA49-AFDF-4307-B22A-B69E73BE79C4.jpeg
    DAC0FA49-AFDF-4307-B22A-B69E73BE79C4.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 71
But it is still fairly easy to remove the battery from the tray and to reinsert the battery into the tray without difficulty?

I would replace the vertical strap with a stronger one. The stock ones are not strong enough for these heavy lipo's, at least mine broke the first run.
I've run heavy batteries for over a year never had an issue with straps. I only replaced my battery tray when I stripped the threads on a massive crash. Everyone has different issues I guess.

@Primarrma Thats some good info and pics, I had my eye on those batteries..?? now I know they will fit..

Quick question.. does that battery have 10awg wire..??

Thx

@Primarrma Thats some good info and pics, I had my eye on those batteries..?? now I know they will fit..

Quick question.. does that battery have 10awg wire..??

Thx
Yes it does and the proper original xt90 plugs. I'll let you know how it goes in the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back