Will's Limitless Street Racer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some new parts arrived :)
IMG_20191123_165702.jpg

Some carbon fiber, titanium rods and ceramic ball bearings.
With the rods I save around 12g in total...
I also took my mugen mbx7 to check the pivot balls... And what a luck, nearly the same diameter but much less weight!
IMG_20191123_163128.jpg

(left one is the mugen pivot Ball ;))
So I ordered 2 pair (E0160 if you want to know)
That should save around 25g!

And the last thing I could do before I have to go to work was changing the shock oils.
I try 700 CST in front and 600 CST at the rear. I think arrma used 2k in both, to thick for me.
IMG_20191123_191401.jpg

BTW, I had many air bubbles in each shock... I hope I can do it better with vacuum ;)

I hope I can start with the re ensemble next week

So, my 'chassis brace' is ready now...

IMG_20191204_185336.jpg

The original one has around 81g with screws.
My try weights only 36g with screws and nuts and the weight is lower to the ground.
I used a 4.2mm thick carbon fiber plate and I have to say the chassis is much stiffer than I thought it would be but I think it has enough flex to generate good grip for the tires.

Now I think about printing some caps for these nuts because they don't look very sexy ;)

IMG_20191128_123920.jpg

The front and rear Diffs are also ready, for the center I try something else...

Looking good.
You could probably get away with 1/2 the screws and nuts that you have and still be effective. The quantity and spacing they have is necessary for plastic, but way different needs for CF.

So, my 'chassis brace' is ready now...

View attachment 56210

The original one has around 81g with screws.
My try weights only 36g with screws and nuts and the weight is lower to the ground.
I used a 4.2mm thick carbon fiber plate and I have to say the chassis is much stiffer than I thought it would be but I think it has enough flex to generate good grip for the tires.

Now I think about printing some caps for these nuts because they don't look very sexy ;)

View attachment 56211

The front and rear Diffs are also ready, for the center I try something else...
Look at how happy that guy is your F/R Diffs are ready for installation!!

So... a little update before christmas :)

My "roller" is done so far, I build a servo mount and I finished my Lipo holder.
IMG_20191220_161211.jpg

The Lipo holder has around 67g
IMG_20191221_211435.jpg
IMG_20191221_210557.jpg

I think I can do it lighter if I relieve some carbon parts, but I want to finish it first as Version 1.0 ;)
I also changed the damper mounts in front and on the rear to mugen parts and changed nearly all nuts to alluminium nuts.
Here is the comparison between original and the mugen parts, but you have to rework them a bit.
Dämpfer_Aufhängung.jpg

So that saved me nearly 13g (for me, each gramm counts ?)

I also bought some 4mm Titanium grade 5 rods and shorten them on the right dimension to use it as hinge pin.
Titan_Stab.jpg

Here you can see how I shorten the body mounts for the Infraction
IMG_20191220_174943.jpg

And the mounted servo mount.
IMG_20191220_174925.jpg

So … at the End of it the most important question … what is the weight of it completely?
(At the moment I just can use a kitchen scales ?)

Limitless_Roller_Gewicht.jpg

So, all in all around 525g … I am very satisfied with this result. (3.988g -> 3.463g)
With GRP wheels and some more modifications I think it is possible to reach 550g lighter than stock.

After the christmas time I went over to the electronics ...
And I can make some better pictures ?

Limitless_Fertig_01.jpg

I wish you all a great christmas time! ?

Last edited:
Great update!! Looking very good so far and very much surprised how much weight you have removed!

May I bother you for the name of those tires you have installed??!! Those honestly look like they would grip really well for some parking lot track racing!! Appreciate your time! Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!! Have good one!

Great update!! Looking very good so far and very much surprised how much weight you have removed!

May I bother you for the name of those tires you have installed??!! Those honestly look like they would grip really well for some parking lot track racing!! Appreciate your time! Merry Christmas to you and your family as well!! Have good one!

Thank you, the tires are some Team C rallye game Tires [Klick] and they are nice for some bashing with buggys on parking lots ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back