Window mask left glue behind

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MAVERICK@2

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
This is a new jconsepts body. when I removed the window masks a good amount of the glue stayed

I have tried soap and water also a adhesive remover with no success

I have painted lists of body’s but this is a first for me

Any advice
8DAF2FF0-7082-4854-AA65-BC1E1DA11138.jpeg
9F4BB245-1BA9-4EC6-A078-2BB7C1B4BA17.jpeg
5CB85A3B-E0F9-44DF-87FF-AE50EAB42C9E.jpeg

Goo gone works know from experience. Vegetable or canola oil can work let soak for at least 30 min then wipe.

This is a new jconsepts body. when I removed the window masks a good amount of the glue stayed

I have tried soap and water also a adhesive remover with no success

I have painted lists of body’s but this is a first for me

Any advice
View attachment 218738View attachment 218739View attachment 218740
I don’t use those window masks any more ..but when I did and that happens I found the best thing was to use the mask itself to pull that residue off
Use the sticky side and it’ll grab most if not all of the left over glue
If you’re still left with some I’d recommend rubbing alcohol

I don’t use those window masks any more ..but when I did and that happens I found the best thing was to use the mask itself to pull that residue off
Use the sticky side and it’ll grab most if not all of the left over glue
If you’re still left with some I’d recommend rubbing alcohol
That’s what I ended up doing using a ball of masking tape and dabbing it in the window area
image.jpg

Sometimes those chemicals can fog the clear though so I try staying away from them
image.jpg

I new the chemical stuff was a no no but tried some anyway and yes the outcome is confirmed looks like crap 💩 but I new better

Goo gone works know from experience. Vegetable or canola oil can work let soak for at least 30 min then wipe.
WD40 also works.
Even some plain car wax ( safe) and elbow grease. Before or even After you get the adhesive off.
Alcohol would not work IMHO. Too weak. Strong solvents (Brake Cleaner (n) )will burn/cloud/ etch the Polycarbonate/Lexan every time. Car Cleaner wax might clear it up some.
Yeah I have had this happen before. Cheap window masks will do this every time. (n)
I use Masking tape for my clear windows. I always keep my windows clear when I paint any body.
I'll even polish out the windows, removing paint from my RTR stocker bodies.
I like to see the ESC lights ( LVC or Thermal Cut) through the body without having to remove it. If the rig catches fire, it is easy to see this from a distance also. Been there.
How I fly. Creature of habit.

I would use rubbing alcohol - takes a while but it will eventually remove the residue

Or WD40 will work, and then use alcohol to lean the wd40 residue

I have been using automotive tape for masking and never have issues .... 3M Vinyl Tape 471+

Windex is usually a better than rubbing alcohol at removing adhesive, but I haven't tried it on lexan, so I'm not sure if it can turn the lexan cloudy like some other agents.

Just Finnish the other jconsepts I also had and there were no issues with using the window masks

5CBB49A0-74EF-4266-81B9-A393743D7249.jpeg

I have only used Proline body’s in the past I have to say jconsepts does make a nice body

Windex is usually a better than rubbing alcohol at removing adhesive, but I haven't tried it on lexan, so I'm not sure if it can turn the lexan cloudy like some other agents.
I always felt anything that has Ammonia, like Windex burns/streaks Lexan. It can streak on Glass, so I don't feel it is good on softer Lexan. I never use it to clean or do anything with Lexan bodies. Or even Lexan/ PC windows around the house. Alcohol for cleaning or Automotive finish sprays are good.
GooGone may be the best to clean off adhesive. Just wipe/clean off the Googone residue well afterwards. And Quickly! It might turn the Lexan yellowish.
Use GooGone or WD40, wipe well, then follow with some Car wax. How I fly.
I use Mother's Car waxes FWIW. But doesn't matter the brand.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back