Kraton Wing brace on a wing brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bashtoohard

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
Cheap fix for wing bracing
PXL_20210116_204334182.jpg

I dug some big holes on a few tail landings today and no issues, but it's seems like that will be how it fails when it does
If there was a way to make the struts compress on impact so there was some give I feel like that idea might work. Looks badass that's for sure. Like wing struts on a drift car or sumtin.

Similar here, my Kraton and Notorious. This helps with my bashing style immensely!!

20210123_195629.jpg
20210105_201138.jpg

I have a feeling you will just shear the screws off on a bad landing. All the force will be directed into them. You want it to flex.
Nope my notty is going on about the 10th battery, Ive pulled the screws and they are perfectly straight

I think it'd be killer with an tbone or rpm rear bumper. Most deff would stop allot of breakage.
That's what my Bug has, TBR F/R, I'm sure it'll break one day, but its far over tested as being the best bashing setup I've had to date on these Arrma's.

Just my 2 cents but I would definitely look into finding an alternative like a printed rod out of nylon to help give a little or even some shocks with some printed extensions as rod ends.

Just my 2 cents but I would definitely look into finding an alternative like a printed rod out of nylon to help give a little or even some shocks with some printed extensions as rod ends.
If you can do all that I agree. But with my spares and like 5 minutes I have the toughest wing setup Ive ever had on an Arrma. And that's all I we are going for.

Just be careful. That stiff of a mount has to transfer energy somewhere and it is either going to be the hinge pin brace/bulkhead or the tail end of the chassis. Keep an eye open. I am in the middle of testing some new parts made from nylonx which is a nylon/carbon fiber blend... it can flex like standard nylon but with the strength of aluminum so it should easily be able to take most impacts. I have a handful of parts already made and just have to send out to my testing crew for durability input and revisions.

20210123_233924.jpg

20210123_233902.jpg

I feel like every crash or bad landing I've had with the K6s the wing just digs in like a shovel so all the force in 95% of crashes is pulling up on the wing not pushing down. At this point whatever breaks, breaks. All I know is I don't replace the wing mount every battery pack any more lol

@Jamart85: that looks really solid. the bumper bracket ties into the larger screws under the diff carrier too, right? I like it.

Right now I'm going no-wing in the thinking that the wheelie bar allows for some "rolling out" of tail landing - less of a "lawn-dart" affect where all force is directly applied from ground:wingmount:shocktower. I've sheared off those wing mount screws through the shock tower to the diff case no less than four times.

It made it through the first day of bashing by "rolling out" of tail-end landings. We'll see how much longer it lasts but I think I'm going your route if the wing makes a return...

@Jamart85: that looks really solid. the bumper bracket ties into the larger screws under the diff carrier too, right? I like it.

Right now I'm going no-wing in the thinking that the wheelie bar allows for some "rolling out" of tail landing - less of a "lawn-dart" affect where all force is directly applied from ground:wingmount:shocktower. I've sheared off those wing mount screws through the shock tower to the diff case no less than four times.

It made it through the first day of bashing by "rolling out" of tail-end landings. We'll see how much longer it lasts but I think I'm going your route if the wing makes a return...
I haven't seen a wheelie bar I like so it's me and the wing for now. I would like to see a wing design with more of a rolled edge so it doesn't dig in. We/I are not pros but I treat my stuff pretty rough, above my skill level I'm sure, but I love to tinker and fix, that's my "me time" lol

Yup exactly. Still screws from under the chassis into the diff case. I just had to heat up and elongate the holes so the screw openings line up.

Another thing I did was flipped the upper wing mount brackets 180 degrees so the wheelie bar is more exposed and won't hit the actual wing. Not sure if that'll make it better or worse on the wing mount though 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hey everybody! Just got back into RC’s after a few years (decade and a half?) away from the hobby and bought a Kraton EXB a few months back. I’ve been having a “blast” with it, but I too have had issues with the rear wing mount breaking.

I just finished my version of the wing mount support (thanks to some old Traxxas parts I had laying around; see the pic). I was wondering, now that a few of you all have done this, has there been any other breakage/issues with this support setup?

I’m going to run without a wing for a awhile to get away from the “shoveling” that the wing does on some wicked rolls, but I do have a wheelie bar attached. I have ordered an Outcast wing to try as an alternative because it seems a bit smaller, so we’ll see how that goes.

Anyway, I appreciate any and all feedback that I’ll get with everyone else’s experience with this modification!

CC80CB8C-17B1-4803-8F88-82B8B79CD68A.jpeg

Hey everybody! Just got back into RC’s after a few years (decade and a half?) away from the hobby and bought a Kraton EXB a few months back. I’ve been having a “blast” with it, but I too have had issues with the rear wing mount breaking.

I just finished my version of the wing mount support (thanks to some old Traxxas parts I had laying around; see the pic). I was wondering, now that a few of you all have done this, has there been any other breakage/issues with this support setup?

I’m going to run without a wing for a awhile to get away from the “shoveling” that the wing does on some wicked rolls, but I do have a wheelie bar attached. I have ordered an Outcast wing to try as an alternative because it seems a bit smaller, so we’ll see how that goes.

Anyway, I appreciate any and all feedback that I’ll get with everyone else’s experience with this modification!

View attachment 129141
Never mind. Took the Kraton out today, somehow I sent the truck into 100’ bumper to wheelie bar roll and snapped the plastic turnbuckles on the brace. Granted the plastic on those turnbuckles is probably close to 20 years old. The wing mounts and everything else survived, so yay for that!

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back