Outcast Wing fix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Drove my outcast on 6s today..absolutely thrilling!! Need to put it through its paces a bit more but gonna be a great basher. Unfortunately one of my wing screws popped out. Any fixes for this? Not the wing mount but one of the 2 screws that holds the wing on. Still have the screw, not broke, looks like it just pulled out of the mount. Thanks in advance.

Drove my outcast on 6s today..absolutely thrilling!! Need to put it through its paces a bit more but gonna be a great basher. Unfortunately one of my wing screws popped out. Any fixes for this? Not the wing mount but one of the 2 screws that holds the wing on. Still have the screw, not broke, looks like it just pulled out of the mount. Thanks in advance.
This is a common issue. I've dropped in 3.5 and 4mm screws with stainless washers with lasting results. May need to drill hole bigger to sink bigger screws depending on how stripped out holes are.

Thanks a ton @Rich Duperbash. Makes sense. Would be nice to find a bolt with threads like a wood screw. Any such thing exist? Maybe just use a 3.5mm stainless wood screw? Something like this:
SPKW-A2_lg.jpg
Might have to trim the length down but worth a try perhaps.

Thanks a ton @Rich Duperbash. Makes sense. Would be nice to find a bolt with threads like a wood screw. Any such thing exist? Maybe just use a 3.5mm stainless wood screw? Something like this:
View attachment 8233
Might have to trim the length down but worth a try perhaps.
No problem Frank. You'd think bigger threads like a wood screw would get better bite. However, machine style threads like stock actually hold better in firm plastics. I've experimented with different styles. My kids ECXs come with large thread wood type screws. They loosen rather easily, and tend to strip plastics badly with nasty wrecks IMHO. It's too bad the wing mount design doesn't allow for nut/bolt securement. I've put my Outcast through serious bash sessions and wing has yet to pull out again. I've also made it a habit to check they stay snug.
IMG_20170226_212340365.jpg

If you look under the wing mount there is a place for a nut to go. Yours could be missing after it pulled out... The issue with these screws pulling out is that they are on the short side and hard to get them down far enough to start in the nut. Same thing happened on mine the nut was still there so I got it to hold in the nut and it won't rip out now.

If you look under the wing mount there is a place for a nut to go. Yours could be missing after it pulled out... The issue with these screws pulling out is that they are on the short side and hard to get them down far enough to start in the nut. Same thing happened on mine the nut was still there so I got it to hold in the nut and it won't rip out now.
Dang bro! I was drilling my son's homemade Outcast out yesterday after he stripped one with nonstop wheelie's on the wing and collision with Dad, and thought I saw metal down there. Thanks for pointing that out. Had Outcast since November and never new there was a nut down there...Lol.

To follow up on this.. I bought some 15mm long screws. I felt it snug up once I got to the nut. Thanks for the help guys.

20170228_141419.jpg 20170228_141448.jpg

There was video on how to double your fin brackets , I can't find it , anybody know how to find that , he showed a picture of his brackets still on the car , but the fin is shredded to nothing , that proved to be the answer for me , I'm gunna figger it out , how he did that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back