Infraction Wing for Infraction 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
I’m not really happy with the stock clear wing on the Infraction 3s. I’m looking for recommendations on a replacement wing that sits low on the body. Black would be a plus.

I’m not really happy with the stock clear wing on the Infraction 3s. I’m looking for recommendations on a replacement wing that sits low on the body. Black would be a plus.

If you would take a couple of photos of the rear tailgate area with a ruler next to it and post them here..

I think I can work something up..

Well sh!t, that is the one I have that I was about to attach the link. :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ I hate the big clear one too. Loving this one though!!
20221209_055615.jpg

Well sh!t, that is the one I have that I was about to attach the link. :ROFLMAO: 🤷‍♂️ I hate the big clear one too. Loving this one though!!
View attachment 261397
There's nothing wrong with that wing for most people, but I'm just really particular about how things look. If I bashed a lot and crashed, then looks might not be as important to me. But my Infraction 3s is primarily used for street running, and I want it to look good.

I recently got a 3D printed ESC mount for my Maxx, and it's a much more "refined" print than I usually see. It is so good I wrote a message to the seller complimenting him on the great design and flawless printing. If I can find a 3D printed wing with the same quality as that ESC mount, I might consider buying it, but so far I haven't found one that gets my approval. I'm still looking.

I cut the clear wing down about half an inch, and it looks a bit better.

Understood.

Perhaps something in-
ABS or Acrylic?
or Aluminum?

There's nothing wrong with that wing for most people, but I'm just really particular about how things look. If I bashed a lot and crashed, then looks might not be as important to me. But my Infraction 3s is primarily used for street running, and I want it to look good.

I recently got a 3D printed ESC mount for my Maxx, and it's a much more "refined" print than I usually see. It is so good I wrote a message to the seller complimenting him on the great design and flawless printing. If I can find a 3D printed wing with the same quality as that ESC mount, I might consider buying it, but so far I haven't found one that gets my approval. I'm still looking.

I cut the clear wing down about half an inch, and it looks a bit better.

Sounds very impressive.

Would you happen to have the link to said part?

Understood.

Perhaps something in-
ABS or Acrylic?
or Aluminum?

Sounds very impressive.

Would you happen to have the link to said part?
For the wing, whatever material would come out with the smoothest finish.

For the ESC mount, here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295071540552?hash=item44b3a26548:g:dvwAAOSw9IRivfAW&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4I8Fosc2HQkcDJ06cIz5zC7r0RVCkPjeLYrsJ8/O8fe4gDYlIhxO2Mu5KflbGOuiuoVpbobdhyeaL3n2O2K2yNh11LIe0S0A9h2ElJHbP7SAZXu31PleL1CVEFARR2zHhr+Sjak3vREj0RAuCdkaoJdQvvMgVhLloCQ1lTC0us9x/CpA2C32gA5tzVt7pJgOu9HiyallSY7bc6qIUQZQwbuTe66Nh8lQ7+pKSZ/gOL+SR9OWM9EGH7RSfxFvV7tVLexyK8a+VEbOBb5wYJNu7Q25xKl+9qIVm8ZOHxvxE7F1|tkp:BFBMjL2x8p5h

Mine is actually a bit smoother than the one in the pics.

There are two plates in the ESC mount. The bottom plate is mounted with two screws to the chassis using the original mounts for the factory ESC. The ESC mounts to the top plate using screws that go through the top plate into the predrilled holes in the bottom of the ESC, then the top plate attaches to the bottom plate with three screws that go into Nylock nuts molded into the bottom plate. It's a great design.

Last edited:
For the wing, whatever material would come out with the smoothest finish.

For the ESC mount, here's the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/295071540552?hash=item44b3a26548:g:dvwAAOSw9IRivfAW&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAA4I8Fosc2HQkcDJ06cIz5zC7r0RVCkPjeLYrsJ8/O8fe4gDYlIhxO2Mu5KflbGOuiuoVpbobdhyeaL3n2O2K2yNh11LIe0S0A9h2ElJHbP7SAZXu31PleL1CVEFARR2zHhr+Sjak3vREj0RAuCdkaoJdQvvMgVhLloCQ1lTC0us9x/CpA2C32gA5tzVt7pJgOu9HiyallSY7bc6qIUQZQwbuTe66Nh8lQ7+pKSZ/gOL+SR9OWM9EGH7RSfxFvV7tVLexyK8a+VEbOBb5wYJNu7Q25xKl+9qIVm8ZOHxvxE7F1|tkp:BFBMjL2x8p5h

Mine is actually a bit smoother than the one in the pics.

There are two plates in the ESC mount. The bottom plate is mounted with two screws to the chassis using the original mounts for the factory ESC. The ESC mounts to the top plate using screws that go through the top plate into the predrilled holes in the bottom of the ESC, then the top plate attaches to the bottom plate with three screws that go into Nylock nuts molded into the bottom plate. It's a great design.

I'm constantly learning and striving for that elusive Perfect print setting...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back