Kraton Wing mount 3d printing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
38BBDBC8-815D-4DEC-A3B5-3F993F4495D7.jpeg

So ended up printing nylon carbon fibre mix
They feel flexible but strong see how they hold up

thanks for the input, I probably won’t bother in that case to even use them
Normally for flexible things its TPU solid infill.
Thanks I’m new to 3d printing
We just got a new 3d printer at work that I can use for person items as well

I don’t think they have that one but just order some when it comes in I’ll reprint
second this. these things are
second this. these things are amazing.
Thanks I’ll have a look into it, just need to see if I can get them in AUS

Last edited:
thanks for the input, I probably won’t bother in that case to even use them

Thanks I’m new to 3d printing
We just got a new 3d printer at work that I can use for person items as well

I don’t think they have that one but just order some when it comes in I’ll reprint

Thanks I’ll have a look into it, just need to see if I can get them in AUS
Ships world wide

I would use a stiff (95A hardness) TPU with 100% infill like elschizo said. It will not break, but it will have some flex.

Regular nylon would work great, but printing nylon is hard (it requires printing from a dry-box because it absorbs moisture so quickly and it warps and pops off the bed if you don't have your temperatures just right. Also requires printing at high temps.

TPU is easier for most of us and 90% as good as nylon.

I would use a stiff (95A hardness) TPU with 100% infill like elschizo said. It will not break, but it will have some flex.

Regular nylon would work great, but printing nylon is hard (it requires printing from a dry-box because it absorbs moisture so quickly and it warps and pops off the bed if you don't have your temperatures just right. Also requires printing at high temps.

TPU is easier for most of us and 90% as good as nylon.
How would you compare nylon and 95A TPU hardness? I’ve used TPU but have no experience with nylon.

How would you compare nylon and 95A TPU hardness? I’ve used TPU but have no experience with nylon.

That would depend solely on the nylon make up itself.. but it's far more Ridgid than tpu...

The best of both worlds combined into one is pctpe..

I believe nylon is about 120A shore hardness. So it is quite a bit harder, but it is really tough, just like TPU. It bends without snapping and you can't easily tear it.

I'm not familiar with pctpe, but if it has Camaroboy383's approval I will buy a spool to check it out.

Back