Kraton Wing mount.. Arrma or RPM..??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
Broke wing mount on my Kraton just from fitting it..?? the bolt pulled through where it goes into the suspension tower at the top..

Whats everybody's opinion, replace with Arrma or get the RPM version..??

Does anybody have a picture of the rear of their rig so I can see how the RPM fits..

Thx

Broke wing mount on my Kraton just from fitting it..?? the bolt pulled through where it goes into the suspension tower at the top..

Does anybody have a picture of the rear of their rig so I can see how the RPM fits..

Thx
For now, get a longer screw and attach a nut on the end. You should be able to keep using it while hunting down a new one.

Last edited:
This is seriously the only way I could get a wing mount to stop breaking. Here is a picture of my 1 year old Rpm wing mount that was boiled then soaked overnight in WD-40. Looks like I should have boiled the wing too.
20190429_011049.jpg

Thx
No issues with RPM, but my stock wing mounts have all held up well, so far, so I vote Arrma.

Thx
Both suck. I think some company out of Germany makes a better one, me personally I converted to a Tekno mount which is a lot of work to do but I have no more wing issues.

I'm going to buy another stock one, then I'm going to boil it and soak it in wd40 and see how long it lasts. The Rpm one still has plenty of life left in it so I'll have a spare if the stock one does break again.

My experience is that the RPM's won't break, but they stretch so your wing position sits at an angle, looks strange. You can force it back during a bash but it will keep coming back in that position.
Boiling the original post and let it soak in wd40 over night worked best for me.

My experience is that the RPM's won't break, but they stretch so your wing position sits at an angle, looks strange. You can force it back during a bash but it will keep coming back in that position.
Boiling the original post and let it soak in wd40 over night worked best for me.
I’ve broken 2 of them from tumbles in cold weather. Not even anything crazy. I’ll say it’s 50% poor design, 30% weather and 20% driver.

Pos-modellbau.de
I contacted Stefan and shipping to North America is expensive. I wanted the POS wing mount and front bumper, but the wing mounts were out of stock. I may revisit the idea when he has both in stock.

Yeah that helps but it can still happen.
True. Out of all the wing mounts I broke, one was on a 4 wheel landing with no contact to the wing. That was the stock short wing mount on my Talion. All of the others were from heavy contact.

True. Out of all the wing mounts I broke, one was on a 4 wheel landing with no contact to the wing. That was the stock short wing mount on my Talion. All of the others were from heavy contact.
I snapped a stock one during a normal landing too. I was like wtf mate.

I contacted Stefan and shipping to North America is expensive. I wanted the POS wing mount and front bumper, but the wing mounts were out of stock. I may revisit the idea when he has both in stock.

Maybe start a thread.. "Who wants some POS parts?"

Get some US guys together.. Order a whole bunch.. Let Stefan earn some bucks.. And let him throw in free shipping..
Box filled with 5kg of parts gonna cost him 30€

Then all the guys just need to pay for domestic shipping

Get some US guys together.. Order a whole bunch.. Let Stefan earn some bucks.. And let him throw in free shipping..

Except I'm in Canada, and shipping here from the US isn't much better. Shout out to all the Canadian bashers. @Mike-NLD does have a good idea though. If any one else is interested in the POS parts, we can do a bulk order to one place, then distribute from that point to save some money,

Except I'm in Canada, and shipping here from the US isn't much better. Shout out to all the Canadian bashers. @Mike-NLD does have a good idea though. If any one else is interested in the POS parts, we can do a bulk order to one place, then distribute from that point to save some money,

This is what shipping costs from the Netherlands.. We are next to germany ?

IMG_20190611_235758.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back