Kraton Wing mount upgrade complete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flipsim59

Reaction score
Finally completed wing mount repair plus upgrades.
Trying RPM mounts this time with Traxxas turnbuckles attached to hinge pin cover at the bottom and inside screws at the top. I also beefed up the shock tower by using longer lower screws through the bulkhead with nylock at the end. Installed MC2 tower brace to complete the build.

20210609_095151.jpg

20210609_095205.jpg

20210608_114611.jpg

20210608_141743.jpg

RPM @$14.99, Traxxas turnbuckles $4.99 , M2C actually beef up the the rear bulkhead so I wouldn't count that.

How much did it cost (would it be cheaper to buy a HR aluminum wing mount?)
Aluminum wing mount causes tons of trouble. End up just breaking off wings instead, and it is extremely difficult to remove the screws that hold the wing to the mount when they break off.

Looks awesome. That’s some great works. But… Just my 2 cents. Stock wing mount over been through idk. 4? HR wing mount lasted about 4 outings. I went to the RPM mount and I think I made it about 9-10 sessions before i broke one side. ( doesn’t include how many times I bent it back into place). I’ve also had several nasty high speed big jump landings on the wing. As much as I put my V5 thru. Those rpm wing mounts are the only thing to use. Just buy a back up

Ordered 2 right away so I have a backup. We'll see how it holds up while learning backflips.

If you break your wing mounts and want some good replacements I recommend the @Lovestricken mounts. Better than stock and RPM in my opinion.
Your words are too kind. Just glad its working for you.
3d-rc.myshopify.com don't forget to use arrma forum as a discount code as well as the 3drc code for a total of 10% off. Did I mention it's cheaper then rpm 👍

Last edited:
Your words are too kind. Just glad its working for you.
3d-rc.myshopify.com don't forget to use arrma forum as a discount code as well as the 3drc code for a total of 10% off. Did I mention it's cheaper then rpm 👍
Just got mine today!! Thanks brother!!

B9918F72-6CE7-4E6A-B9C9-824A03F3FCA0.jpeg

Ive just ordered two - these look perfect. The RPM's came into stock @ amain and were gone again within a day.
@Lovestricken - Have you considered making some Mojave body mounts out of this noodle stuff? Might be a decent market for them here.
Cheers!!

Ive just ordered two - these look perfect. The RPM's came into stock @ amain and were gone again within a day.
@Lovestricken - Have you considered making some Mojave body mounts out of this noodle stuff? Might be a decent market for them here.
Cheers!!

Last I heard he was waiting on some to arrive to start a new design.

Finally completed wing mount repair plus upgrades.
Trying RPM mounts this time with Traxxas turnbuckles attached to hinge pin cover at the bottom and inside screws at the top. I also beefed up the shock tower by using longer lower screws through the bulkhead with nylock at the end. Installed MC2 tower brace to complete the build.

View attachment 151094

View attachment 151095

View attachment 151096

View attachment 151097
Looks Nice 👌 honing to try that 👍bit hou dus you get the rpm wingmount with the m2c brace ?
Because IT Will not fit 🤷 so how did you do IT?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back