Notorious Wing Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Notorious
  3. Typhon 6s
As a newbie basher i haver broke oem wing mount and yesterday I broke (in two) the T-bone racing wing mount. Now I look at the HR wing mount part #AON40M01 and whant to know if it will be abble to take abuse from bad landing. I don't care to pay mor but I don't want to break it every time i go out. And what about if I go without wing mount well just cut the wing mount at the shock the tower lenght.

Don't do it go with rpm. You land on that hot racing mount you be replacing more than wing mounts. To ridged will break shock towers and everything else out back
Save ur money and buy 2sets rpm. No problems with mine and I beat the sh!t outta it
Wheelie bar won't bolt to it either

^ what he said. I've repleced two rear gear boxes and one rear shock tower because of bad landings. I'd rather just the wing mount broke /

As a newbie basher i haver broke oem wing mount and yesterday I broke (in two) the T-bone racing wing mount. Now I look at the HR wing mount part #AON40M01 and whant to know if it will be abble to take abuse from bad landing. I don't care to pay mor but I don't want to break it every time i go out. And what about if I go without wing mount well just cut the wing mount at the shock the tower lenght.

View attachment 38056
Hi @MarioM. I know your pain, as I too went through many mounts before I eliminated them all together. The truck might not look as good, but my bash sessions are getting longer and have less collateral damage. Stay away from the aluminum for the reasons already mentioned. My new set up uses shortened wing mounts, as you need them to hold the rear brace in place. I purchased a T-Bone wheelie bar, which mounts to the chassis. You might be able to get away with any type of rear bumper or wheelie bar that mounts that way. I may revisit having a wing as my driving gets better, but as it does, my courage to "send" it does as well. Not sure the wing would survive some of my "missed" landings.

Attachments

• 20190414_113018.jpg
    20190414_113018.jpg
    232.1 KB · Views: 68
You can just take the wing off your factory wheelie bars too. I do this when jumping big. Like notorious said. Don't look the best. But hard to see at 50mph. ?

Hi @MarioM. I know your pain, as I too went through many mounts before I eliminated them all together. The truck might not look as good, but my bash sessions are getting longer and have less collateral damage. Stay away from the aluminum for the reasons already mentioned. My new set up uses shortened wing mounts, as you need them to hold the rear brace in place. I purchased a T-Bone wheelie bar, which mounts to the chassis. You might be able to get away with any type of rear bumper or wheelie bar that mounts that way. I may revisit having a wing as my driving gets better, but as it does, my courage to "send" it does as well. Not sure the wing would survive some of my "missed" landings.

Ok thanks bud, yep my TBR whellie bar is broken exactly like yours on your pic. I will stay like that with my rear bumper and by the TGR wheelie bar if I feel the needs.
Don't do it go with rpm. You land on that hot racing mount you be replacing more than wing mounts. To ridged will break shock towers and everything else out back
Save ur money and buy 2sets rpm. No problems with mine and I beat the sh!t outta it
Wheelie bar won't bolt to it either
Thanks for the tip
^ what he said. I've repleced two rear gear boxes and one rear shock tower because of bad landings. I'd rather just the wing mount broke /
Ok got it thanks no aluminum wing mount ;)
Ok guys thank for all your reply, as I don't care for the look while i learn my bashing lesson I decided to keep the Part broken just be solid and keep jumping. Bash on :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back