Kraton Wing mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
My son tried a double back flip with my Kraton 6S V4 today. He snapped the wing mount clean off on the landing. I’m running the stock shock towers. What’s a good replacement wing mount and one that I can still use if I upgrade the shock tower to something thicker? Thanks

My son tried a double back flip with my Kraton 6S V4 today. He snapped the wing mount clean off on the landing. I’m running the stock shock towers. What’s a good replacement wing mount and one that I can still use if I upgrade the shock tower to something thicker? Thanks

The wing mount bends and breaks until we get the landings right. Honestly doesn't matter which we use...stock or aftermarket. I don't think you'll ever want to go with aluminum (Hot Racing) on this part because of all the hits it takes.
I've bent and broken plenty and keep replacing with stock. Now that I land better I don't have the issues anymore.
I suggest you buy two stock wing mounts at a time (exactly what I did because they fit all my 6s trucks) and ride it out until skills improve.
Even with upgraded M2C or otherwise 7075 aluminum towers (also what I do,) I'd suggest sticking with stock.
7075 chassis braces are also a very nice upgrade if you haven't already.
Good luck to you ?

also this part is a huge help and will save your bulkheads:
https://m2cracing.net/home/381-m2c-3035-arrma-kratonoutcast-series-rear-shock-tower-brace.html

Yeah don't go aluminum wing mount... I can't tell you how many bulk heads I have replaced lmao... you figure I would go back to stock already....but rpm I hear is a good one.

The wing mount bends and breaks until we get the landings right. Honestly doesn't matter which we use...stock or aftermarket. I don't think you'll ever want to go with aluminum (Hot Racing) on this part because of all the hits it takes.
I've bent and broken plenty and keep replacing with stock. Now that I land better I don't have the issues anymore.
I suggest you buy two stock wing mounts at a time (exactly what I did because they fit all my 6s trucks) and ride it out until skills improve.
Even with upgraded M2C or otherwise 7075 aluminum towers (also what I do,) I'd suggest sticking with stock.
7075 chassis braces are also a very nice upgrade if you haven't already.
Good luck to you ?

also this part is a huge help and will save your bulkheads:
https://m2cracing.net/home/381-m2c-3035-arrma-kratonoutcast-series-rear-shock-tower-brace.html
Oh I plan on buying extras lol. Thanks!! If I break something I always buy a few replacements because I’m gunna break it again or my son will lol. I bought the HR chassis braces when I ordered my Kraton. they are holding up for now. If I ever swap to a m2c chassis, I will buy all the other components they offer to make it a tank!

I use a tekno mount bolted to my own towers. Removed it all together on the OC. These could be made far stronger, if I can do it certainly Arrma rc can. The wing/brace on the Arrma 6s rigs is a buggy design that needs to go on a basher imo...
A8E153AF-F7AB-48F4-9C7A-9C7371DD1558.jpeg
505998E8-9CC9-4045-BE8E-DCECC964885E.jpeg
9DEA8929-E717-44B2-9102-80D0E4411F4E.jpeg

I have a Tekno wing that I haven’t put on yet. I ended up ordering the RPM wing now, the stock wing mount and the heavy duty stock wing mail. Hopefully it works out for me

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back