Kraton Wing Mounts for Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Attitude

Reaction score
Hi all, looking for wing mounts and the stock ones are backordered everywhere.

Do the low profile mounts from the talion work? I've heard they're stronger.

And how about the RPM... are they worth near double cost of Arrma mounts?

RPMs are about the same price give or take. RPM's are not indestructible, so don't get annoyed if they break also. I think stock mounts are the same. I have spares of both. I put on what ever is available RPM or stock.
RPM will replace free of charge but the price to ship the old ones back costs as much as a new set anyway Its a wash. 2-3 week turnaround time. They always want the old ones back. I think they just recycle the nylon. Makes sense. That's how they can afford replacing them.
Just my thoughts. Others may chime in with their experiences.:cool:

RPMs are about the same price give or take. RPM's are not indestructible, so don't get annoyed if they break also. I think stock mounts are the same. I have spares of both. I put on what ever is available RPM or stock.
RPM will replace free of charge but the price to ship the old ones back costs as much as a new set anyway Its a wash. 2-3 week turnaround time. They always want the old ones back. I think they just recycle the nylon. Makes sense. That's how they can afford replacing them.
Just my thoughts. Others may chime in with their experiences.:cool:

Rpm are about $17 shipped.
Arrma are under $10 shipped.

I think I’ll just stick with Arrma

Talion and Kraton share the same part number for HD wing mount.
#AR320347

So if you're able to find a wing mount for Talion, it will work with Kraton and all 6s vehicles.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320347
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Arrma-V4-T...773087?hash=item590834e31f:g:UbEAAOSw6ABd4VSM

They have 2 different options. Ran across this one. Arrma Low Profile Wing Mount Set Talion ARAAR320379

Just not sure where it would put the wing on a Kraton.

Im not familiar with that part. If you try it please advise.

I just ordered. Will compare with Kraton and Talion.

1586146107163.png

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CQ2PCPC?tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

Discounted. Rapid Wharehousing above is pretty fast. 10 left, jump on it because everyone else will be buying them, the Arrmas are all gone.
If you cant find the stock, try the RPM's, the price isn't tragic. Is it? Splitting hairs. You need. And RPM got. The Arrmas will probably be on B/O for a while with the current situation. RPM is in the States if you are here. No slow boat waiting
:cool:
I don't know who has the Arrma's for under $10. Shipped. Not HH, that's for sure.
You seem confused on this one. These break and you will be buying more trust me. They protect the rig from more expensive carnage.
Your nickel, your call. Good luck.
BTW, now there's 9 left, I just ordered one.(y) 14.82 shipping FREE.

Last edited:
Im not familiar with that part. If you try it please advise.

I just ordered. Will compare with Kraton and Talion.

View attachment 73426

Awesome! If I had one of those rigs I'd try it too. :cool: Please lmk what you find.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CQ2PCPC?tag=duckduckgo-d-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

Discounted. Rapid Wharehousing above is pretty fast. 10 left, jump on it because everyone else will be buying them, the Arrmas are all gone.
If you cant find the stock, try the RPM's, the price isn't tragic. Is it? Splitting hairs. You need. And RPM got. The Arrmas will probably be on B/O for a while with the current situation. RPM is in the States if you are here. No slow boat waiting
:cool:
I don't know who has the Arrma's for under $10. Shipped. Not HH, that's for sure.
You seem confused on this one. These break and you will be buying more trust me. They protect the rig from more expensive carnage.
Your nickel, your call. Good luck.
BTW, now there's 9 left, I just ordered one.(y) 14.82 shipping FREE.

No, it's not a big deal. I may still buy one. It's why Im asking about the low pro mount because it's cheaper and supposedly stronger... and still available. So if it works why would I spend more on a weaker one? Every bit adds up in this game and this is not my main hobby.

Amazon does have the best price on the RPM tho. Thanks for sharing. EBay is my go to because they're usually best price but once in a while Amazon is.

Last edited:
Awesome! If I had one of those rigs I'd try it too. :cool: Please lmk what you find.

No, it's not a big deal. I may still buy one. It's why Im asking about the low pro mount because it's cheaper and supposedly stronger... and still available. So if it works why would I spend more on a weaker one? Every bit adds up in this game and this is not my main hobby.

Amazon does have the best price on the RPM tho. Thanks for sharing. EBay is my go to because they're usually best price but once in a while Amazon is.

I usually buy Amazon when I need it fast and Ebay when I need it less expensive. Always exceptions.

Hi all, looking for wing mounts and the stock ones are backordered everywhere.

Do the low profile mounts from the talion work? I've heard they're stronger.

And how about the RPM... are they worth near double cost of Arrma mounts?
I bought the hot racing aluminum ones. Expensive but it can take a hit. Attaching a wing mount wheelie bar will need modification to the wheelie bar or get a different wheelie bar setup like one from t bone racing.

I bought the hot racing aluminum ones. Expensive but it can take a hit. Attaching a wing mount wheelie bar will need modification to the wheelie bar or get a different wheelie bar setup like one from t bone racing.

I feel that will just end up breaking something more expensive. Have you had anything break because if that? I kinda like having a $10 easy to replace weak point.

I feel that will just end up breaking something more expensive. Have you had anything break because if that? I kinda like having a $10 easy to replace weak point.
Not yet, but I upgraded everything around it too. Shock towers, diff, and braces. But i agree with you. $10 wing mount is a cheap easy fix. Now i just keep breaking my wing when i screw up a bash.

Not yet, but I upgraded everything around it too. Shock towers, diff, and braces. But i agree with you. $10 wing mount is a cheap easy fix. Now i just keep breaking my wing when i screw up a bash.
Yep The wing would break with alloy mounts. That's a given.:unsure: But we all drive different. Who am I to say.(y):cool:

I'm new to all this but ordered the RPM mounts and just bash it rc wing mount support. along with the tekno high downforce 1/8th scale wing I broke my stock wing mount on a bad landing first outing with my new (used) kraton 6s.
Some solid choice that!
I need to get a Wing Mount Support....I have been fortunate to have only snapped my Sons Talion stock wing second time out....taken the Kraton out many times and its still good on stock with many bad landings...but I might just buy a few sets of the RPM to have as backup for The Talion and Kraton....the last thing you want to do is snap off the wing and keep jumping it and then you bend a shock tower. (but I wouldn't know anyone who did that :unsure:;)

So, I've broken my Wing mounts a couple times, but before it finally broke I broke the screws going to the diff case, so I don't see a point in stronger wing mounts. I changed the screws, bad flip, only to break the screws again, and finally broke the wing mounts.

Since then, no wing and no mounts sticking out, they sheared off clean flush with the shock tower mounts. Now I haven't broke anything since. I still flip, crash worse, etc. Usually it just slides upside down or flip tumbles, instead of the wing digging in like a shovel. I did buy the RPM wing mounts but I'm not installing them.

I get a little dirt on the shock towers, but not bent and no breaking anything anymore. You guys ever consider just leaving the wing and mounts off? That's my plan for now on.

So, I've broken my Wing mounts a couple times, but before it finally broke I broke the screws going to the diff case, so I don't see a point in stronger wing mounts. I changed the screws, bad flip, only to break the screws again, and finally broke the wing mounts.

Since then, no wing and no mounts sticking out, they sheared off clean flush with the shock tower mounts. Now I haven't broke anything since. I still flip, crash worse, etc. Usually it just slides upside down or flip tumbles, instead of the wing digging in like a shovel. I did buy the RPM wing mounts but I'm not installing them.

I get a little dirt on the shock towers, but not bent and no breaking anything anymore. You guys ever consider just leaving the wing and mounts off? That's my plan for now on.
You can do that, but you definatley will eventually bend a tower when landing bad or tumbling, better to have somthing cheap and easy to fix back there to replace than to bend a tower, that can strip your diff mount holes and more.
You can just do a wheelie bar and not do the wing, just leave the wing Off the mount and install a Outcast wheelie bar or I think there are some other wheelie bar options out there. But better to have somthing to absorb them rear top impacts, even a rear bumper can't stop those.... You need to protect those towers somehow.
I broke my wing off the other day and ran iT for a bit but I have M2c shock towers so there was less risk... Still fixed that wing up right away when I got home.

I was thinking about that.

I broke the wing off my K6s immediately on my last bash session. ?

Totally agree, it performed great without the damn wing getting in the way!! ?

Kinda miss the wheelie bar tho...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back