Kraton Wing upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slogrits

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have had my Kraton for a month and broke the original wing early on. RPM wing mount and added a wheelie bar and a new ARRMA Kraton wing. One run and I broke the new wing (tail landing). Is there a rubber wing or something more durable out there?

I have not run the stock wing yet. I broke the stock wing on my team redcat tr-mt8e be6s on my first run; it is super rigid. I replaced that one with an e-revo wing since they are super flexible - that may be the way to go.

Ok I will keep that in mind. I ordered a Tekno wing that I saw someone on YouTube had. They said it was flexible. I will post on how it holds up.

The Tekno wing is made from fairly thin VERY flexible plastic. The only way to break it is to cut it or burn it :eek: The Basher Sabertooth has the same wing in black.

The stock and RPM wing mounts are a bit rigid for my taste and brake too easily. Alu mounts don't seem any better as they put more stress on the wing and rear diff case when (not if) you land wrong. I may actually have to try the boiling method.

I agree, an aluminum rear wing mount will put too much stress elsewhere (diff case, etc), especially after a big tail landing. Also this would add a lot of extra and unnecessary weight on the back of the vehicle. I have spare suspension arms, HD wing mount, etc and plan on boiling these parts, so when I do break the stock part, hopefully the spare part will be stronger. Anything I've color dyed in the past using the boiling water method, seemed more durable and flexible after, so I believe this works.

I'm done breaking wing mounts. They can break all they want, I'm not replacing them. Instead I triangulate braces around & inside the mount. I did this after the mount was broken & I've been bashing the thing for 2 weeks like this with the broken mount not affecting anything.

0226181410_HDR.jpg
0226181410a_HDR.jpg

0226181411_HDR.jpg

I Hate to say it but i busted my wing wheelie combo off clean first battery pack and i have spent a mint with Arrma .. i hate to sound cheap but Arrma should fiz the problem and until then they should honor wong mounts under warranty ...i have 30 years behind the trigger and a few.live taps in 60° weather shouldn't make the wing wheelie bar assembly fly off... my opinion

View attachment 16014 This seems like a good idea to try an Brace the wing

I bent & broke that brace twice b4 reinforcing it. I even boiled & WD40'd the mount & it still broke. I replaced the bent brace in my picture above with some hardened links. I'm still not replacing the broken mount :rolleyes:

Someone is missing an opportunity to make us a rubbery wing mount and wing, that I’m sure we would all be happy to pay for.

I have been using the rpm mounts with no issues.. mostly. They are a bit tweaked but haven't broken. As for a wing, I'm using the Outcast wing. It's seen some abuse and hasn't broken yet .

Attachments

• 15199553928851085867878.jpg
    15199553928851085867878.jpg
    365.1 KB · Views: 182
I bought a expensive wing once, and it never held up to the abuse.. perhaps I'm not good enough to keep it on the wheels? Haha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back