Winter BashingHio

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutch

Mom always said "Drive like a Maniac"
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Granite Grom
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
  9. Typhon 6s
How many here bash in the winter? This will be first winter with an RC truck (Granite) and thinking about snow, it would easy to build a bashing play ground. Thoughts ?

How many here bash in the winter? This will be first winter with an RC truck (Granite) and thinking about snow, it would easy to build a bashing play ground. Thoughts ?

I do but no snow. If we ever get some it melts away and not enough dry cold to be able to create obstacles. I'd like to try it out though because I think there's plenty potential for playgrounds.

I run a couple of mine in snow, my stampede 4x4 vxl and ERBEv2. I don't know why, but I don't want to run the outcast in the snow... It just sits on the shelf until spring, along with my nitro's, ejato and savage flux hp.

This is from last winter:

I had forgotten to vent the tires, so they ended up with water in them and were waaaaaaaay out of balance. It got painful to drive after a while.

You kind of have to have somewhere where you can hit a snow pile without snow in front of or behind it as the trucks just sink and get stuck. So either no snow behind it, or not much at least.

Personnaly i will just run on hard snow/ice don't want to get all muddy and ruin my bearings i open up my rc every 2-3 days i want a break lol

The only problem I see with bashing in snow is brittle plastic, but not a issue here.

If I ruled out snow bashing, that's 5 or 6 months without using my rc's. A good compressor is a handy item to blow off heavy stuff, and some sort of cover for the inside will help keep the overall level of cleaning down. You're likely to have to take the truck apart a few times to clean it well and clean or replace some bearings, but it's worth it when you get to smash these things around through snow and over snow banks. Wonder if anyone has any ideas for a diy cover? https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dusty-motor-cover-opinions.11338/post-129576

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back