Winter hack/Basher

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodentop

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Mojave EXB
  4. Notorious
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
Curious to know whether anyone keeps/uses a battered old beater arrma as a winter basher. Whether you keep your better rigs for the better weather but still need a fix during the winter months.

My v2 kraton.
20191117_122156.jpg
20211222_115036.jpg

Usually I'll run my slashpede 4x4 or e-revo. Never ran my outcast in the winter/snow/slushy months. Don't know why... I just keep those for the warmer/dry months. If I run anything in the winter this year, will bee the slashpede 4x4 and likely the maxx 4s and I'll leave the kraton exb/outcast on the shelf.

I have my Crawlers for the muck and snow. My other rigs never see the wet stuff.

I have my Crawlers for the muck and snow. My other rigs never see the wet stuff.

I have been looking into crawlers for my son and I. Somerhing we can use in the garden, make a little course etc. Had a conversation with @BashingBrian and he hooked me up with all the info I need.

I learned pretty quick cold & plastic don’t play nice together 🤦‍♂️
Now that the season has changed in New England, I been bringing rocks inside basement to make a little pile for my Scx10ii to crawl over….

Curious to know whether anyone keeps/uses a battered old beater arrma as a winter basher. Whether you keep your better rigs for the better weather but still need a fix during the winter months.

My v2 kraton.
🤔 Sounds like a plan, new project... build "waterproof crap basher" for English winter 🤣🤣🤣 I have enough parts in my spares box I think..!!
Only decision to make is what will it be ??? Mojave or Typhon based I think would be best as shorter arms won't break as easily.. 🤔

Lets see where this goes, @Woodentop If I end up building yet another Arrma let it be on your head it's all your fault 🤣🤣🤣

Happy Xmas 🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼🎅🏼

The new Arrma 1/8 WCB...😎

The new Arrma 1/8 WCB...😎 It could be a thing soon..!!
I've been going over my parts bin to see what's needed and what sort of abomination I could create 🤔
The only thing set in stone is, it would be a Talion body but not a Talion 🤣🤣

The new Arrma 1/8 WCB...😎 It could be a thing soon..!!
I've been going over my parts bin to see what's needed and what sort of abomination I could create 🤔
The only thing set in stone is, it would be a Talion body but not a Talion 🤣🤣
Who knew a thought about other people's winter hacks could lay seed for a low slung mud plugger 🤣🤔

My Kraton is an all-terrain all-conditions basher and shelf queen. It's simultaneously a hack and a masterpiece. A polished decoration and a filthy eyesore. A beauty and a beast. It balances my world on the back of its bodyshell. I need nothing more.
Very poetic 👍

My Kraton is an all-terrain all-conditions basher and shelf queen. It's simultaneously a hack and a masterpiece. A polished decoration and a filthy eyesore. A beauty and a beast. It balances my world on the back of its bodyshell. I need nothing more.
Never heard it said better! 😎🤙

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back