Winter project build | Kyosho Inferno GT2 nitro to electric conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suchtragedy

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡ɯɹɐ loɹʇuoɔ ǝʞoɹq
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Limitless
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Outcast 4s
  9. Typhon 3s
  10. Voltage
So last summer I found a Kyosho Inferno Audi R8 body on Mercari for $25 and I bought it since it was so cheap. I thought I might be able to adapt it to work with either my Infraction or my Typhon but unfortunately it didn't fit either one without serious chopping of the body so I just put the body in a box and haven't looked at it since. Last week I stumbled upon a Kyosho Inferno GT2 nitro version roller for $100 USD that came with the C6 corvette body and some white hoons. Even though I'd need a bunch of chassis parts to convert it to full electric the price was decent so I picked it up.

It showed up today and after giving it a once over and taking some notes on what it needed I hit the internet and I found that dollarhobbyz had pretty much all of the parts I needed to complete the full electric conversion and most of it seemed to be marked down in prices which included a fully painted dodge demon body for 37 bucks, so I picked that up too because... well, just because. So far I am into this car for about $285 before motor and ESC which I don't think is very bad considering the price of a new RTR version is 600-700. I'll probably power this with an Arrma 6s system and throw my DumboRC X6 on it and make this a not so serious speed run car/parking lot drift machine.

More to come later as parts trickle in.

20201121_134323.jpg

Untitled.png

The great looking licensed body shells are the only thing I think are really good about this Kyosho so far. The main thing I really dislike is all the screws are phillips head and coarse threaded so even if I wanted to change everything standard M3 and M4 hex bolts I don't think it would work because the screw threads would probably work themselves out.

Perhaps owning mostly Arrma trucks has spoiled me a bit? I feel Arrma's construction and overall design to be much better than this Kyosho and I would have thought the Kyosho would be more on par considering their brand heritage and their relatively higher cost of this vehicle brand new in general.

These are just my initial thoughts but we'll see how it goes later. I can tell that I'll probably practice 100+ mph speed runs with this car first before my infraction because I won't care as much if I end up crashing it lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back