Winter projects

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBadazz

RCHolic
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Felony
  4. Fireteam
  5. Granite
  6. Infraction
  7. Limitless
  8. Kraton 8S
  9. Kraton 6s
  10. Mojave EXB
  11. Notorious
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Outcast 6s
  14. Outcast 8s
  15. Senton 6s
  16. Senton 3s
  17. Senton Mega
  18. Talion
  19. Typhon 3s
  20. Typhon 6s
  21. Vendetta
  22. Vorteks
  23. Infraction 4x4
Well it's wintertime pretty much in the Midwest. I personally don't bash in the cold, nor snow. So it's over the winter project(s) time!

What are you guys winter time projects?

My few are ...
XO-1 roller.
A still in box new 8s Outcast EXB.
DBXL 2.0 roller.
Vendetta I picked up because of the price.

Totally forgot a scratch and dent Infraction mega! Smh!

Last edited:
Got a new 22s for 100 bucks.. kinda broke so won't be able to upgrade the mega or do much with the losi yet!! 🙁

20221115_194019.jpg

I don't know of anyone who makes a 1/8 scale 2wd buggy, so I'm planning to do a custom Traxxas Bandit build from scratch. It will be 1/8 scale with a Fast Lane Machine aluminum chassis & mod1 transmission. Will be running 4s power with the new sensored Max10SCT/3665 combo. For tires I'm thinking MT size Badlands on rear and buggy Badlands up front. 😎

It’s bashing season in Arizona!!! Time to break sh$t (son already destroyed a EXB kraton) we do are projects in the summer (still bash at night SOMETIMES) 😂. Tomorrow’s we bash’s till we out of batteries!!! 😎summer projects complete. View attachment 257002
I can almost recreate that pic but the garage is way too cold...
copy_edited.jpg

Complete teardown of both the speedrun typhon & the m2ced out typhon as well. New bearings, diff servicing etc for both. I've also been poaching parts from the typhotank to keep the Derecho running & to build the Budweiser Buggy so I'll need to replace all of those parts

I always wanted a MT410. Just never pulled the trigger.

I can almost recreate that pic but the garage is way too cold...View attachment 257012
That’s awesome!😎 the kraton XL is my favorite RC of all time. I’d take it over any past or present rig! Ok, how about this one.
Matching infractions. 😂
F70AD3AE-5B7C-471B-BBED-D2F3FE2D05B8.png
towers are next.

Wish I had @Fishtank ‘s weather.

At some point I’m going to big block my Xmaxx, build a new in the box Outcast 6s, do a build on my stretched Typhon and maybe a light build on my Outcast 8s. The bashing season is too short here in Minnesota so I’m thinking of holding off on the Xmaxx build, ordering some paddle tires and running it in the snow.

Wish I had @Fishtank ‘s weather.

At some point I’m going to big block my Xmaxx, build a new in the box Outcast 6s, do a build on my stretched Typhon and maybe a light build on my Outcast 8s. The bashing season is too short here in Minnesota so I’m thinking of holding off on the Xmaxx build, ordering some paddle tires and running it in the snow.
I grew up in Michigan so I know what you mean about short bashing season. I joined the Army in 1990 when I got out I move to Arizona I like the weather here much better now that I’m old (50) I hate the cold but I still go back in the summer but never in the winter 🥶!

My winter RC projects:

• Servicing diff & shocks and changing all oils and bearings on all my rigs
  • Complete lookover and get each rig all ready to go for Spring
  • Install the light kit on Taz (Infraction)
  • Adding some more green parts and lights to the bashing Typhon
  • Liquid electric taping all my batts' balance plugs and checking all cells
  • Building and selecting items for my Tekno SCT-still in the box
  • Complete the final 1st rough draft of the track extension & driver stand
  • Researching upgrades to new rigs I'm planning on getting prior to Spring

That's all for now! :ROFLMAO: 😁✌️

I have a SCT410.3 it’s a great RC on the track but bashing I’ve broken quite a bit.
I have both and I agree with you about the SCT410.3. It’s pretty durable for what it is but the MT410 is on another level. Most parts are beefier on the MT.

To be fair though, I did have problems with my MT until I added M2C center bracing. Now I send that thing to the moon (on 6S) and it just takes the abuse.

I have both and I agree with you about the SCT410.3. It’s pretty durable for what it is but the MT410 is on another level. Most parts are beefier on the MT.

To be fair though, I did have problems with my MT until I added M2C center bracing. Now I send that thing to the moon (on 6S) and it just takes the abuse.
I turned mine into a mini monster truck. Left it stock put a Hobbywing SCT combo running it on 3S. It’s a little beast.
CE6B5B3A-3CB7-4978-9C4C-418A3876F28E.jpeg
8A45E475-A176-49C7-9218-365AF3B09F5F.jpeg

DF8CDB40-A1F2-4C9A-BBAC-53A6DBE2BE87.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back