Winter Storm Headed For My Area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIK-RC

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
Wednesday into late Thursday Afternoon ice and sleet storm heading this way they are saying likely widespread power outages powerlines down tree damage we had something similar to this 13 years ago the town was without power for weeks made it through with no damage praying for the same

Wednesday into late Thursday Afternoon ice and sleet storm heading this way they are saying likely widespread power outages powerlines down tree damage we had something similar to this 13 years ago the town was without power for weeks made it through with no damage praying for the same
Be safe brother!

Yeah I was following this also. I may get some of this in the Northeast. We just got hammered here this week with the Noreaster. Still digging out.

yeah I saw that I'm in the southeat bottom part about 30 milea north of what they call the bootheel here in missouri your second picture is what are town looked like 13 years ago
Yeah I was following this also. I may get some of this in the Northeast. We just got hammered here this week with the Noreaster. Still digging out.

The last time NYC got an ice storm like that was around 1976. Looked like my car was wrapped inside an Ice cube. An Inch thick of ice. all around.
I poured gallons of antifreeze over the whole car to thaw it out. Worked but Useless attempt. because The locks were frozen for a day. I couldn't drive anywhere with the iced roads and all, just wanted to warm up the car. My '69 Charger. Stupid me never put it back in the garage the night before.

Last edited:
I'm in st louis.could get anywhere from 1in ta 30inchs....😆😅😂

20220131_184745.jpg

this happened in 2009 the national guard had to come in and clear the roads from fallen trees and power lines
The last time NYC got an ice storm like that was around 1976. Looked like my car was wrapped inside an Ice cube. An Inch thick of ice. all around.
I poured gallons of antifreeze over the whole car to thaw it out. Worked but Useless attempt. because The locks were frozen for a day.
I'm in st louis.could get anywhere from 1in ta 30inchs....😆😅😂

View attachment 197088
I think a lot of us in Missouri are in for it our snow totals are going to be low but the ice is going to be 1/4 inch to an 1 inch predicted
1/4 you lose power lines(n)

this happened in 2009 the national guard had to come in and clear the roads from fallen trees and power lines
I remember that,lost power for a week in July from tornadoes, then 6 months later lost it over a week from ice.24hr lite drizzle put over Inof ice on everything. The trees couldn't handle the weight.trees down everywhere

I noticed most meteorologists prefer the "Euro model" predictions. More accurate.:unsure:

I noticed most meteorologists prefer the "Euro model" predictions. More accurate.:unsure:
Ya that's all new to me.whats the other one called??nwn??the other one said stl could get 26inchs!!!!!!!
55 degrees one day,1 foot of snow the next.can feel it in the air that some $hits moving in

Attachments

• 16437461830442621122274916228405.jpg
    16437461830442621122274916228405.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20220201-140607_Weather.jpg
    Screenshot_20220201-140607_Weather.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Bad Ice storms are known to cause the highest death rate.:cautious: Plan ahead and watch from your living room TV.;)
Watch for Ice damming on your roof and leaders. Large heavy falling Ice sickles will hurt you.

I poured gallons of antifreeze over the whole car to thaw it out. Worked but Useless attempt. because The locks were frozen for a day. I couldn't drive anywhere with the iced roads and all, just wanted to warm up the car. My '69 Charger. Stupid me never put it back in the garage the night before.
69 Charger ??? Still have it ?? Details !!

I think a lot of us in Missouri are in for it our snow totals are going to be low but the ice is going to be 1/4 inch to an 1 inch predicted
1/4 you lose power lines(n)
Ice AND Snow mixed, Is the absolute worst and dangerous.
Please Be safe!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back