Notorious Winters coming need tires! What to buy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clubin

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
  5. Outcast 6s
  6. Vorteks
So these? Or is there any other options? Need something that’s going to be good in the snow.

0BD34136-8A7C-49E1-B4F2-5A38A2A3CCD9.png

So these? Or is there any other options? Need something that’s going to be good in the snow.

View attachment 49403
Paddles seem like a great idea, but since you have time before the dreaded white blanket covers us, I would shop on ebay for better deals from China. I ran my Noto with stock back flips last winter and they held their own pretty well, but I was mostly scrambling between snow and pavement, so I never really needed an all snow tire.

Paddles work great in the snow, I designed and printed some out of fila flex last season for my kids redcat volcano.. it was impressive to see it wheelie across the snow.. had some major hook up...

Paddles is nice in snow
the very snowy days

days with frost and not so much snow then you can also try these
RC4WD-Interco-Super-Swamper-40-Series-3.8-TSL-Bogger-Scale-Tire-2.jpg

Interco-Super-Swamper-40-Series-3.8

then also these

Pro-Line Pre-Mounted Badlands MX38 3.8″
Pro-Line-Badlands-MX38-3.8-Pre-Mounts-1.jpg

one friend has all three,, one set up is with soft plastic discwheels also, 3.8 - 40 series i believe he say
i have try his car in snow, it was amazing

he says self that paddles are the best in extreme snow
and the two others in frosty days with less snow

also my friend recommends DISCWHEELS the once that are made of Soft Plastic if you drive in very cold places
like -10 celsius or Colder.
don't remember Manufacturer or modelname for them. Try Google

good luck

Last edited:
Paddles seem like a great idea, but since you have time before the dreaded white blanket covers us, I would shop on ebay for better deals from China. I ran my Noto with stock back flips last winter and they held their own pretty well, but I was mostly scrambling between snow and pavement, so I never really needed an all snow tire.

That’s the funny thing. Very limited options and the proline setup. No deals to be had!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back