Kraton Wiring for my dual 40mm motor fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyev

Reaction score
My Alza dual fan mounts arrived for my overheating motor, and I need to wire up the two fans to my receiver. I'm 99.9% certain this is the case, but can I run the two fans in parallel without losing rotational power from them? In other words, can I solder one of the fan leads to the other at the motor, and run one wire to the receiver, and NOT lose power versus running two separate wires to the receiver?

Should be ok, no idea as to their Amp rating but probably just like Rocket and they run ~ 0.6A.

Do yourself a favor and order some spares already, they are a lot better than plastic but you will kill them eventually. Something stupid will happen.
Get them from China ahead of time for 50% off. Make sure you pick the right size.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...#7567#956_668#3164#9976#61_668#3468#15609#220

Personally i prefer to connect mine to the balance connector of the 3s lipo, this way you get closer to 12v and a faster fan resulting in better cooling. And if course connect the fans in parallel.

Personally i prefer to connect mine to the balance connector of the 3s lipo, this way you get closer to 12v and a faster fan resulting in better cooling. And if course connect the fans in parallel.
Interesting. An extra connection to worry about when connecting and disconnecting lipos I guess though? Not a big deal but still....

20210514_110934.jpg
Just finished them, a little crude but I will get better. 2 40mm connected/soldered together with a lipo 3s connector. Identical to gamechanger but cost roughly 10.00 total.

This is what i done, made up the fans by getting the fans from aliexpress and the mounts and covers from alza racing

IMG_20210424_231914.jpg

Those look nice!! Simple and clean.

I ordered carbon fiber covers and put those on a few days ago. The covers in the picture are left over from a set of gamechanger fans. The fans I bought on eBay 3.00 each. As always I buy extra. I have those and 2 single esc fans ready to go. Back ups.

If you have a 3d printer you will find lots of mounts and covers on thingiverse. I put the same fan on my hobbywing esc and printed the adapter bracket and grill.

One more thing, those fans are awesome but they are simply rebranded server psu fans, you can pick them up for pennies on eBay

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back